Can't remove Facebook Pixel

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, I have googled for hours and haven't found a solution to this odd problem:

We have 2 shops, one is registered under a .vn domain and one under .com.

Both are run with shopify.

On the .vn domain, it registers both Facebook tracking codes, its own and the one supposed to be for the .com domain.

trekkie.load(
    {"Trekkie":{"appName":"storefront","development":false,"defaultAttributes":{"shopId":11279944,"isMerchantRequest":true,"themeId":23906910252,"themeCityHash":13947986816481140248}},"Performance":{"navigationTimingApiMeasurementsEnabled":true,"navigationTimingApiMeasurementsSampleRate":0.01},"Facebook Pixel":{"pixelIds":["548957338xxxxxx","1800948613xxxxxx"],"agent":"plshopify1.2"},"Session Attribution":{}}

I only want it to register the first Facebook pixel "548957338xxxxxx". Under "online store -> preferences -> Facebook pixel ID" it's also just showing the "548957338xxxxxx" code but when I load the website and view the source code, I find both codes between the <head></head> part.

I've looked into the theme.liquid, cart.liquid, checkout -> Added scripts section and can't find where the other code has been inserted.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 4

Did you find the fix for this?  I'm having the same issue :/

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Sadly no :(

I haven't found a fix for this and it's messing up my campaigns on Facebook.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi guys, 

I was having exactly this issue with a client website.

Tried for hours to find the culprit and it turned out to be the Kit app they had installed. 

It seems to have saved the Pixel ID within site;f and was overriding the Shopify preferences, as the pixel was non existent in there.

I'd check for either the Kit app, or any other apps you have which have access to change pixels within the site.

Just hit the about us tab on the app and it will show what access it has, and if it has access to pixels then that is likely where your problem is.

Glad I could help, and hopefully this is useful for other people who can't delete their Facebook pixel ID.

0 Likes