Can't see videos from certain browsers

YasSharabi
Tourist
3 0 3

Cant figure out why this is.... I have a few videos on my website (Im using the Simple theme) and if I view my website from Google Chrome on my computer, they aren't visible. If I view them through Safari, its fine. Plus, It works on Google Chrome from my phone but not from other phones. Ive updated Google Chrome and it still doesn't work. Any advice?

Replies 12 (12)

Subhranil
Shopify Partner
41 8 54
Hello @YasSharabi 

Please share your website link. If password protected then send frontend password too.
YasSharabi
Tourist
3 0 3
Hi! It’s hirbawigcc.com 

if you check out the About or Our History pages, you will likely see the videos aren’t playing (if you’re using chrome). They work on Safari though. 
Subhranil
Shopify Partner
41 8 54

Hello @YasSharabi 
Seems the problem is your HTML code. I have noticed that you added video files in img tag. You have to use HTML5 video tag for that. You can update it or contact me for fixing it.
If helpful then please Like and Accept as a Solution.

video issue.jpg

YasSharabi
Tourist
3 0 3
Hi, but then why do the videos play in Safari?

How much would you charge to fix it? On another note, do you also help with SEO ?

Thank you!

Yasmin
Subhranil
Shopify Partner
41 8 54

Hello @YasSharabi 
Few modern browsers are automatically updated/fix HTML issues from the browser's end. For examples, Firefox can add missing DOM elements.

MarcosJavi
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello, I need help with this exact issue. My video will autoplay on the background in Safari browsers but not on Chrome. How do I fix it? The website is rtacanarias

Subhranil
Shopify Partner
41 8 54

Hello @MarcosJavi 
Seems it's the video decode/format issue. Try to use use mp4 video or contact me if you want me to fix it.

MarcosJavi
Tourist
4 0 1

It worked! changing to mp4 format solved the issue. However there is another one, on mobile the video stays always on top, overlapping the menu bar. How can I solve this? Thanks a lot

IMG_1709.PNG

Subhranil
Shopify Partner
41 8 54

Hello @MarcosJavi 
Please use the css on your CSS file (component-list-menu.css).

.videoBox {z-index: 1;}
#menu-drawer {z-index: 99999999;}

Please like my comments if you think you are satisfied. Thanks!

MarcosJavi
Tourist
4 0 1

Amazing, it worked again 🙌

SamuelMaillard
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello

I have more or less the same issue. I added videos on website and those videos worked perfectly but now they sometimes block or don't work at all. 

Could you help me ? My website is https://www.bloum-digital.com/collections/nos-produits

Thank you 

Samuel

Andrealoufy
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Subhranil, I'm having the opposite problem - using the shopify text editor, videos added don't show up on Safari browsers but work with everything else - would you please be able to help? My website is www.pararidefold.com