Can't transfer account ownership

4 0 0

I've been looking in other treads and they say that there is a button in the admin access section of the staff accounts. I can't find it. Can somebody help me? Thanks 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
28 2 2

Hi @alba715,

Vincent here from Shopify!

The person you want to transfer ownership to, do they currently have a staff account already? If not, you can add a staff account by following the steps described in this help-document (click here), after which the button to transfer ownership should appear.

Another solution could be to change the account owner email address and other details to the intended new owner's details, after which you can give them the password or have them create a new password by clicking this link.

After you have transferred ownership of the store, you will no longer have access to the shop, so make sure that the shop is fully ready to be transferred, before doing any of this.

I hope this solves the problem for you, please let me know if there is anything else you need!

Best, Vincent

Vincent | Community Guru @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having the same issue.  I have added the staff member, and he has accepted the invite, but there is no Transfer Ownership button on his account profile.

0 Likes