Can't transfer ownership of a shop

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello, I made a store for a client and now I'm trying to transfer ownership.  I already have her as staff,  matter is when i try to make her the new owner I get it declined, it says "invalid password", how can I solve this?

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2354 162 339

Hi @gianlc,

Nick here from Shopify. 

This does sound very strange. The password here would be the password you use to log into your store. Ca you just confirm that is the one you were using and double-check it again please and let me know? 

Also just to confirm you are the current account owner? Only the account owner would be able to make an account owner change such as this. Shopify has a helpful guide going through all the steps on the process which you can see here

Hoping it will work for you on the next try. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0

Thank you Nick

Indeed, I've done that but once I click to transfer the shop it never asks for the password, I only get "invalid password", I'm the account owner.

Is there a way you guys can transfer it?  I made the shop for a client.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2354 162 339

Hi @gianlc,

That does seem quite strange. I might reach out to you about this directly via email (the email address you used to sign up to the community with) if that's ok to look further into why this might be happening. It's difficult to troubleshoot this without taking a closer look. Something to note is that only the account owner would be able to make a transfer such as this for privacy and security reasons.

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0

Thanks, you can contact me at giansti33@gmail.com

Kind regards, Gian

0 Likes