Can't upload photos from iPad to Shopify App

hdoug
Tourist
7 0 2

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not but I am not able to upload photos from my iPad to the Shopify app. The ability to upload photos to the Shopify app has worked in the past and it still works on all of my other devices. I am running iOS 14.2 and Shopify 9.0 however this same issue was occurring prior to the installation of 9.0. 

When I go to the add a photo from the products tab, it just pops up a tiny little slider looking bar. Nothing else happens. I have tried closing the app, deleting the app and reinstalling, restarting the iPad and have had no success. I keep getting this same error. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this? I have attached a picture showing what it looks like. (It's a picture of a video I was going to upload).

IMG_4755.PNG

Replies 7 (7)

hdoug
Tourist
7 0 2

A little bit of an update, if I push the Home Screen button with the slider open and then double click the button to manage apps, it will let me upload the photos. The problem repeats itself every time I click off of it. Here’s a video showing the issue:

https://youtu.be/pOZsy4erWkQ

dracesta
Visitor
3 0 0

I'm having the same problem.  No advice...

Conewberlin
Visitor
1 0 0

Same problem here on iPad Air but not on a Pro. no suggestions other than might be related to Latest iOS update. Hope it gets resolved fast!

hdoug
Tourist
7 0 2

Glad to hear I’m not the only one. I have an escalated ticket currently open with their technical support team. Hoping we can hear an answer shortly!

KD80
Visitor
1 0 0

I’m having exactly the same problem too

hdoug
Tourist
7 0 2

Here is a little excerpt from their latest email to me. I have been forwarded to two different technical support people so far:

"I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention! I have sent this information over to our development support team to get reviewed for you. We are seeing that it is impacting a significant number of users who are on iOS 12-14 when using the Shopify Mobile App version 9.0.0.

In the meantime, we can recommend using a desktop or Android device, if available, to update any product images. Although we do not have a timeline on when this will be resolved as we're investigating a solution, I can assure you that as soon as we have any new information, I will update you here right away! "

Well now we know they're at least aware of the problem however this is very inconvenient for us that do not have the ability to use an Android or desktop device for pictures. Our store is currently not able to add any new inventory as we are relying on this iPad for pictures and posting product.

Caitriona
Tourist
5 0 8

I’m having the same problem with iPhone 8 after update to iOS 14.2 

can no longer upload product photos, just freezes 

would love to hear an update when resolved or any  workaround in the meantime ?