Can't visit my own page or log into Shopify anymore.

Highlighted
2 0 0

For the past couple of days, I am not able to visit my website or even log into my own account. I am able to visit www.shopify.com but when I click log in>select account to log in, I get a ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT. On my Mac book, I get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. This is not an internet issue as I am online right now. Any device connected to the wifi is not able to access it. I can visit just fine on my phone internet and have asked friends and family who do not live here and they are able to visit my website. I do not know much about this stuff but I will list some things I have tried as well as the Comcast (my internet provider) representative have asked me to try and nothing worked:

- Restarting the modem/router many times
- Clearing cache and cookies
- Flushing my DNS
- Trying different devices and browsers
- Changing DNS (from auto IP to google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4)
- Changing my domain DNS (from shopify's primary IP to secondary)
- Visiting downformeoreveryone (only down for me)
- Calling my ISP (they think it has something to do on Shopify's end, something about ports)

Some things I've noticed: 
I can visit my website using the wifi, IF I use a VPN. So does this mean my modem is blocking something relating to Shopify?

Another thing is, I can visit other people's Shopify websites but I cannot check out using Shoppay (I could before).

I have all of the pieces but I can't put together because I have no knowledge on any of this stuff. If any one has the slightest idea of what I should do to solve this, please let me know. I do not know if I should call Comcast again, call shopify, or call my web host site to fix this and I'm desperate. Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I have exactly the same situation, I spoke with the Shopify tech service and they do not have the clue what is going on.. I use my phone as a spot conexion to my desktop computer and all runs perfectly. But into the computer seems to be not running, even I try another computer, browser... is true that all comes from the same  ISP but 2 days ago all was fine and now I see another users having the same problem...

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Just to update you, I phone my ISP and now seems to be working well, they only delete the cookies from my modem and I delete all my browse data keeped and cookies, because that was the main barrier for some reason.. now i can do everything again.

Hope that help you

0 Likes