Can the "reply to" email address for internal New Order notifications be the customer email?

Highlighted
Explorer
80 0 17

Hi, when I receive an internal New Order notification email the default "reply to" address is my own email.  I frequently have questions for customers, is there any way to make the default reply to email address for New Order notifications be the customer email address so I can just hit "reply" in gmail and compose an email to the customer who placed the order?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
80 0 17

No one?  Seems like this should be doable....

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Micah,

I was just doing some research on this topic myself.

You might want to check out this article I found in Shopify Help.

https://help.shopify.com/manual/domains/buying-domains/email-forwarding

I did a test reply using my gmail account and it too was not to my satisfaction as I was not able to change or set where it was coming from so I could not use my Shopify domain that I purchased through Shopify.

Here are a few more links you may want to read as well.

https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussion/t/how-do-i-reply-from-my-shopify-email-address-ra...

https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/off-topic/t/sending-and-receiving-email-from-your-domain-name-165683

Not sure if this answers your question so I'll add one more note.  If you are using Oberlo, you can message your customers directly from Oberlo by searching for the customer order number and hitting the little mail icon next to the customer's name.  This is not as convenient as just replying from gmail.  There is one thing that you should be aware of if you do use this method.  Even if you add a reply-to email address, for some reason the email that is sent has a "sent from" email address of noreply@crm-notify.com and for some reason, I can't seem to change this field.  I think it may be a bug or an oversight by Oberlo.  I'm going to contact them to see if this can be fixed.  One way around this that I can think of right now would be to include the email you want them to reply to in the body of the message.

Hope this helps.

Bart

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
80 0 17

Hi Bart, thanks for all that info.  Fortunately I've already addressed all those concerns, I'm well versed in how to set up email forwarding and also I'm currently using GSuite to allow me to reply from gmail using my custom domain name.

All I really need is for the "New Order" internal order notificaion email to have the "From:" field be the email address of the customer who placed the order.  Currently when I receive a New Order confirmation email, both the From and To fields are my own email address.

Using internal shopify email or apps is even more of a hassle than the kludge I'm currently using, which is that I set up my New Order template to include the customer email address, so I copy that, hit "reply" then in the "To:" field I highlght my email address and paste in the customers instead.  It would be so nice if I could just hit Reply and have the email already be addressed to the customer's email address, instead of having to highlight/copy/highlight/paste.  But I suspect this is something that's handled on the backend of Shopify that I won't be able to access or fix?

Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 17

Hey, it's 2019, but here's a +1 for this. Hey Shopify!!!!

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 2

This is exactly the situation we're facing as well. In 2019. Hope a solution was found and can be shared.

Highlighted
Explorer
49 5 10

Me too!

I just want to add a reply to email address for my customers email, so i can add an auto response from my gmail / zapier.
This must be an easy adjustment to the notification template but i cant figure it out.
Anyone any ideas?

Highlighted
Explorer
49 5 10

Think i've figured a work around using Zapier & Gmail.

In the Shopify order notifications I added {{ customer.email }} to the subject (& added the subject to the body - so i can still see it in gmail) & used the subject as the reply to email address within Zapier.

Think that's done it for me #Noob

Goodluck : P

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Any solution to this?  it should be a simple thing for Shopify to add... I have my ticketing system with Freshdesk, I'm using their email for tickets, but usually people just reply to my automated emails, so I need to have a "reply-to" email address that takes them to my freshdesk.    Any workaround for this?  

Thanks. 

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 6

Still waiting for this in 2020, Shopify!