Can we block Pexgle?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 16
Hi, I'm new to the Shopify community and I hope you can help me with this. I've noticed recently I've been getting referral traffic from a site called Pexgle. After a little bit of research, I found out it is a spying tool that works on Shopify stores (apparently it doesn't work on most other common e-commerce platforms).

What this site does is that it displays all your commercial data, including best selling products, traffic data, referrals, etc. to their paid users.

Now I've never used anything like that to spy on others, and I don't want someone to spy on me like that either. Is there a way to block this site from accessing my information?
11 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 10

This is an accepted solution.

Hi,

We experienced the same over the course of a few months.

I contacted them today through their support e-mail address (support@pexgle.com) and asked to add my domains to the 'protected' list so we can't get 'analyzed' anymore.

They respond quite fast. I forwarded my domains and I was told to wait a maximumum of 24h for the changes to take effect.

I hope this helps :)

9 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 16

Hi Puff4Puff20, I emailed them and they got back to me really quickly. They told me my domain will be listed in the protected list, and it can take up to 24 hours to remove all my site data from their database.

Hopefully this will stop further traffic from Pexgle. Thank you for your help!

4 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 10

You're welcome!

Let's hope it works :)

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 19

I am thankful for this community!  I have the same problem!  Thanks to you guys I took action right away by contacting pexgle.com, and they did respond in a very fast manner.  I reported this to Shopify - the guru stated this is the first he heard of it.  I called earlier and a guru told me it was a referral site :(  wrong.  I was advised by the second guru to go to shopify.com/legal and file a report violation.  If other platforms do not allow it - then - Shopify should be able to block this behavior.  So if you have had this happen to you, please report it to Shopify and also file a report violation.  If we stick together as a community - Shopify - will hopefully listen and take action!

Thank you - community family!

420milehigh.com

15 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
73 1 57

@inkypaw @420_Mile_High @Puff4Puff20 

Which domain did you guys give them, your paid Domain URL address or the myshopify.com address?

I've been getting this traffic for a while, used to be sporadically now it's daily.  Though personally I don't rely at all on Shopify Analytics (because Shopify has a horrible SPAM filter) I'm getting tired of seeing it on my Admin page everyday.  Luckily Google Analytics is savy enough to block Pexgle without me having to filter it out.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 19
paid domain
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 16

I used the URL customers would use to visit my site, which is the paid domain.

For those who don't have a paid domain linked to Shopify, the myshopify.com address would be the one to give Pexgle.

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
73 1 57

@420_Mile_High @inkypaw 

Okay thanks, I sent them an email.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 2
I’ve had this company address me about driving free traffic to my site, and a whole lot of promises, but I thought it sounded too good easy to be true, so I decided to investigate, and I guess I’m not the only one??!
1 Like