Can we sell products from other suppliers

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

Hi,

My name is George and I am new to ecommerce. I’ve been in ecommerce since june 12 2017. 

Can i sell also other products other than  Oberlo and Aliexpress Suppliers? 

I need also feedback about my shop 

www.allforoneclickshop.com

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
689 37 108

Hey, Gmall!

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)

Sure, you can sell from an other supplier if you like. Once you set the supplier up as a custom fulfilment service in the Shipping settings, you can go to your products and change the supplier to your your own one. This way, they will be notified of any incoming orders. I have made a short video here for you on how to set this up!

https://screenshot.click/14-07-q7jua-ohbw1.mp4

1. Settings > Shipping
2. Dropshipping Fulfillment Service > Add a Service
3. Add name and email of your supplier
4. Save!
5. Go to your products section and select the products from this supplier
6. Once they are selected, click 'edit products'
7. This will bring you to the Bulk Editor. Here, you can click 'All Fields' and add 'fulfillment supplier' as a field.
8. You can then click on the first box and use the cursor to drag the boxes down, selecting multiple boxes at once.
9. Click on the box again so a dropdown menu appears. Here you can click your suppliers name.
10. Save!

Let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help!

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Thanks Ava. I was also looking for same information. How payment will work in this case please?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
689 37 108

Hi, @Elite!

If you are using a mix of products imported from Oberlo + your own products, then the payment at the checkout for the customer will work as normal. You would need to use a payment gateway in order to accept credit card payments from your customers at the checkout. You can set up an account with the payment gateway, then when a customer orders a product for you, the payment gateway will take the money from the customer, process it, then deposit it into your bank account. Click here to see a list of gateways available in your country!

The only difference here is that orders containing products sourced from Oberlo will need to be placed by you from within the Oberlo app. With non-dropshipping products, the customer pays you, then you ship the product. However, when using Oberlo, the customer would pay you as normal at checkout, then you would need to go to the Oberlo app and place the order on their behalf. The Oberlo supplier will then receive the notification and ship the product to the customer for you. There is a video below on how to place and fulfil Oberlo orders:

If you like, you can wait 1-3 business days between you receiving the order from your customer and you placing the order via Oberlo? Just to ensure the funds from the customer will be in your account when you go to fulfil the order.

Let me know what you think! 

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Thank you Ava for such a detailed answer!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Ava,

I have a question regarding shipping. If I check checkbox "Free Shipping" on Aliexpress while adding products to my Shopify store using Oberlo Chrome extension, it means I will not need to pay shipping charge for the items I add regardless of the price, weight and I can offer free shipping to my customers. In this case, neither myself nor customer pays any shipping charge, correct? Thanks!

0 Likes