Can you create an invoice for items not on the website?

Solved
GraceGlamour
Tourist
11 1 3

I really want to go live with new merchandise, and invoice customers for these items. I do not want to make them active on the website until the following week to entice people to watch and order from the live. Is this possible? 

0 Likes
Summer
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
40 4 4

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @GraceGlamour!

This is Summer from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for your question! Releasing new merchandise through a live stream is a really awesome strategy. It's a great opportunity to connect with your customers and showcase your products in real-time.

It is definitely possible to hide a product from your website but sell them to specific customers through invoices or draft orders. Simply go through the following steps to do this.

1. Add products to your Shopify admin by following the steps in this guide.
  2. Stay on the product page. Set the Product status to Active and ensure that the product is not available in any of your sales channels by clicking Manage underneath Sales channels and apps and unchecking all the channels. The Product status area should look like the screenshot below from a test store. 

alt

3. Proceed to create a draft order by following the steps in this guide.

Once you're ready to add them to the website, manage the sales channels again and check the Online store, as well as all the sales channels you want to add them to. You can then add the products to collections and add the collections to your menu.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
GraceGlamour
Tourist
11 1 3

This is an accepted solution.

Thank you so much! You are amazing!!!!