Can you import navigation items?

Highlighted
1 0 1

I've around 700 navigation items to upload, and alphabetise, is it possible to do with with an import?

Also I want to list each nvaigation item to a collection, can you import that, too?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
236 0 50

Hey, Christopher!

My name is Aaron, I'm a guru here at Shopify!

That depends on what you mean by navigation items!  If we're talking about navigation as in the menus and links that can be found in your admin at online store > navigation, then those cannot be imported or exported, I'm afraid; those must be created manually.

If, on the other hand, you're interested in uploading products, that can absolutely be done in bulk!  To do so, you can use a product CSV file - there's more information on the process right over here, and yes, you can automatically set those products to appear in a certain collection.  While that's not one of the default fields in the Product CSV, that column can be added on (in fact, it's the ONLY custom field that can be added without creating errors).  There's a more detailed description of that in our guide over here - just scroll down until you see "The Collection column exception"!

Hope that's helped!  Please feel free to give us a call or start a live chat at any time, we're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Aaron | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 9

There are so many posts on this, why hasn't this feature been added, export of navigation

9 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 0 8

Hard to believe that I'm reading a post from 2 years ago asking about this, I have just gone to create a complex menu in my site, but have found this most basic of features still hasn't been added. Everyone who creates a store will need to create a menu. That I now have to spend at least a day entering and saving every single menu item in a complex mega menu one by one is completely ridiculous. When basic, sensible requirements like this don't get acted upon, it just stops people wasting their time by suggesting other improvements, and everyone loses out.

5 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 4

@JasonM2020 wrote:

Hard to believe that I'm reading a post from 2 years ago asking about this, I have just gone to create a complex menu in my site, but have found this most basic of features still hasn't been added. Everyone who creates a store will need to create a menu. That I now have to spend at least a day entering and saving every single menu item in a complex mega menu one by one is completely ridiculous. When basic, sensible requirements like this don't get acted upon, it just stops people wasting their time by suggesting other improvements, and everyone loses out.

Completely agree.

I don't get why this simple export / import feature is not included. Surely this information is stored somewhere on a Shopify server? 

4 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1
Fully agree with you guys !!!
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Reading in 2020 and doing it manually. Doesnt fit in

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 2 1

Has this been created yet?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I was trying to search for a solution, turns out this has been there for such a long time without a proper solution. Sigh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
1393 0 0

It's like they fired all their devs after MVP. The Shopify admin stopped being developed years ago.

Just live with it and wait for a better alternative ecom platform to come around

You would think features like these would be setup right across the admin:

• CRUD (Create, Remove, Update, Delete)
  • Import/export to JSON, or CSV
  • Filter by all available columns
  • Bulk edit that can be filtered
  • Columns + cells that make up tabular data are COPYABLE and PASTEABLE

It's just not the case, not with their current rate of change. Features are slooooooowwww.

1 Like