Cancel Entire Shopify account

ItsGoingDown
1 0 1
I was going to open up my store and in the first stages of testing it out but decided against it due to funds I don't have and can't spare. I done what was told to in the settings but I can't cancel anything or delete account. Anyone have any solutions I can do
Lizzy
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 139

Hey, @ItsGoingDown!

I’m Lizzy. I'm on Shopify’s support team.

I'm sorry to hear that Shopify hasn't worked out for you this time, but I'd be happy to help you close your account! You should be able to go to Settings>Account(this may be called Plans and Permissions)>Close or Sell My Store. Once you've clicked on this you'll see the option to close your store. Follow the prompts until you see the notice that your account is closed. 

If you're still within your 14 day trial and haven't added any payment information, your account will automatically enter a frozen state at the end of your trial period. This means the account will no longer be accessible and you won't be charged.

That being said, I know you've mentioned you were having trouble. Would you be able to elaborate a bit on which step isn't appearing as the instructions explain? Let me know and I'll be able to dig into it a bit more for you!

Also! If you're ever ready to start working on a store again, don't hesitate to check out the free Shopify Academy or reach out in the forums for advice on how to start bringing in revenue quickly. You're also, always welcome to contact our live support teams, we're available 24/7 and will be happy to work with you on your business!

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
ur2295
1 0 1

hi lizzy. i want to delete my entire shopify account too but this method does not work for me. i used the 14 day trial and don't want to continue, but in order to access basically anything in my account shopify is telling me that i need to purchase a plan. i don't want to purchase a plan, i just want to delete my account. when i try to chat with support, i get re-directed to the plan part of the website. this is frustrating so please guide me through how to delete my account.

Lizzy
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 139

Hey, @ur2295.

Would you be able to share with me which of these steps hasn't been working for you?

If your 14 day trial has finished and you didn't add any payment details to the account, it will have entered a frozen state. This means that you won't be able to access the account without signing up for a plan. Having a frozen account is the same as having a closed account. After a period of inactivity, if the account is not re-opened it will be permanently deleted. 

Also! Just in case you were still looking to reach out to our live support teams, you can contact them directly here, without needing an account.

If you are experiencing a different issue when trying to close the account, please let me know so that I can offer more advice for you!

Thank you,

Lizzy

0 Likes
Ollygoodthings
2 0 0

Hello,

I closed my store, after one week of the free 14 day trial, but I did add Oberlo and some paying details, like my credit card and I connected  Pay Pal Business thingy. So, I am now worried that you will keep billing me.

I am certan I want to delete my whole account and I don't wish to suddenly be presented with a bill for some services I never used or conciously chose. I always made sure that any settings or service I chose was free until I started selling. Which I never did. Never even imported any items. (The whole setting up the shop proved too complicated for the very inexperienced, non US resident like me.)

Can you please reasure me about possible future bills and/or explain if I have to delete any more apps and accounts I might have (not thant I know of any, I just connected Oberlo, as far as I know.)

Thank you.

0 Likes
Ollygoodthings
2 0 0

@Lizzy   I apologize if the tag was unnecessary, but I believe you must be swamped and I am a bit anxious about the aswer to my quorry.

Thank you for your understanding.  :)

0 Likes
Lizzy
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 139

Hey @Ollygoodthings!

No apology necessary. As long as you've followed the steps I mentioned above, and reached the page which confirms that your account is closed, you will not be billed by us going forward. 

I would be happy to look over your account to make sure for you! I've sent you an email, please get back to me there and I can look into it further with you.

Thank you,

Lizzy

GiulioPegorin
1 0 0

Hi @Lizzy,

I did the same thing as the guy you responded!

Could you check my account too? Because I'm scary about receive bills from you without using shopify.

0 Likes
roundrocklee
1 0 0

I NEED TO CANCEL ACCOUNT BUT IT WILL NOT LET ME---i need a good customer support phone number

0 Likes
larovm
1 0 0

I am having the same issue.

The links to support in this post are broken @Lizzy.

I went through the steps to set up a dropshipping store, connected to paypal and oberlo.

I decided not to procced.

I have cancelled paypal, and closed my shpify store but have no confirmation/clarification that my account is closed and I will not be billed.

I cannot get into my Oberlo account because the shopify store is closed.

Struggling to get support and very frustrated.

0 Likes