Cancel refunds subscription

MinaG
2 0 0

I got charged before remembering to pause my subscription. I got charged $76 usd 5 days ago then $17 2 days ago and am wondering if I am able to get a refund for these payments.

Kind Regards, Mina.

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
66 9 3

Hello @MinaG!

This is Lana from Shopify. I see you have a question about a refund so I wanted to help you out here.

A refund for your subscription would only be possible in the case that you decided to fully close your store. I understand that you are instead looking to put the store on a Pause plan.

Just in case, I wanted to include info on both of the Pause plans that we offer for you here:

•  One option for you would be to go on our Full Pause plan. This is a free plan that will last for 3 months, and in this time you will be unable to access your account.
    It is a very helpful option especially if you do not want to close your business, but you need some time to step away and also take a break from subscription fees.
    More information on this plan can be seen here.
  • Another option for you would be to go on the Pause and Build plan. This is a $9 per month plan that will allow you to continue working on all aspects of your store, with the only limitation being that customers cannot checkout while you are on this plan.
    This again would be a great option for you if maybe in the time that you want to pay less subscription fees, you could also work on the store.
    More information on this plan can be seen here.

If you are worried about losing time that you paid for the subscription, you can rest assured that it will not be lost, and that money will instead be credited back to your account to use for future subscription payments, for example when you are ready to go back up to a full plan again. 

Let me know if you have any other questions on this and I will be happy to help you out.

Thanks! -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Limm
1 0 0

Hi Lana,

Relating to this that I saw your reply that "A refund for your subscription would only be possible in the case that you decided to fully close your store"

For my case, I just closed my store today but I have paid in advanced a 1-year subscription of basic plan. Started the plan in Jan 2021. Am I able to get a refund on the remaining months? Please help me out on this. Thanks much.

0 Likes
MinaG
2 0 0
Hey Lana, I am willing to cancel the entire store if I am able to get the
refund back. I just need to know how much will be refunded.

Thanks again.
-Mina
0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
66 9 3

Hey @MinaG and @Limm!

Sounds like both of your cases will need a similar approach. In order to enquire about a refund, you will both need to contact our live support here. This is because we are currently unable to look into your account details through the community forums.

Again, the refunds can be looked into once the account is fully closed - the subscription is something that we can refund fully on our end if you are eligible, but if some of those fees are from apps, then we might look for approvals from the app developers before those can be refunded too. Please do note that refunds for apps are entirely up to the app developers, and we cannot guarantee that they will approve, however we can look into it with them.

-Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes