Cancelled Orders

Highlighted
2 0 1

Currently Cancelled Orders show as Unfulfilled which does not make any sense. If an order is cancelled, then under the Fulfillment Status column, I strongly suggest that you either program  a  "Not Applicable" or "Cancelled". It's quite obvious that Cancelled Orders will never be fulfilled.

If there's a solution to this issue, please let me know.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
148 0 7

Hello Abe!

Jesse from the Guru Team here.

I would say that the order fulfillment status in this case is still accurate. Orders can be cancelled after they are fulfilled in which case we need to differentiate between those two cases.

While it may seem obvious that a cancelled order will not be fulfilled, there are still cases where merchants would want to keep track of whether or not the order was fulfilled at the time it was cancelled.

Feel free to reach out at any time if you have any other questions.

http://docs.shopify.com/support

support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Our community of shops only cares to know what orders still interested in being fulfilled have not been fulfilled. By definition, a cancelled order has no interest in being fulfilled  so why display it as unfulfilled forever in eternity. Maybe you should have another tab for cancelled orders.

I am a CPA for many years working on Fortune 500 clients. You should take my free advice and improve your system so that it only displays "need to know" information.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
148 0 7

Hey Abe!

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We are always looking to improve the platform and merchant feedback is a vital part of the formula that allows us to do so.

I have written up a feature request in regards to the fulfillment status of cancelled orders and went ahead and added our conversation here as a use case. 

Feel free to reach out at any time if you have any other questions.

http://docs.shopify.com/support

support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Has there been an update to this? We've had an order that needed to be refunded through the third-party payment provider because the goods were never shipped and fulfilled.  However the order is still stuck in "unfulfilled" status.  Is there a way to change/cancel/void this particular order#? Or should it be listed as "fulfilled"? 

Thanks

0 Likes