Cancelled Shopify and can't delink Facebook

1 0 0

Good day,

I had a Shopify account in 2017 and linked it to my Facebook Page.  I cancelled my Shopify account in 2017.  In 2019 I wanted to access the shop section of Facebook, however saw it wants to still connect to Shopify. Due to me cancelling the then Shopify account, I could not connect to it.  I did some research on how to delink and the fact that Facebook will get a request to delink. I then created another Shopify account and linked the same Facebook page. However it showed that the Shop on my Facebook page was under review.  I guess due to the non existing link from the then Shopify account.  I have now cancelled this second Shopify account as I do not want to get billed after the trial.  I have written to Facebook about 4 times now, but receive no response and their help page directs me to whom i signed my shop up with which is Shopify.  I am at my wits end as I dont know how to solve this.

Thank you,

Mandy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
686 41 80

Hi there @iammandydupreez!

Don here from Shopify. :)

I can confirm for you that you would need to have Facebook delink this for you as it will have been severed from our end entirely.

If you haven't already (you mentioned you had contacted them about this), use this form to request that they delink it and be sure to include your full Facebook page URL.

I'm sure that Facebook will get back in touch in time and help complete the action that is necessary on their side.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes