Cancelling Free Trial & CREDIT CARD

2 0 1

I signed up today for a free trial of Shopify to see how easy it was to create a store front.  Too cumbersome.  I closed the store today.  Did this closure also cancel the free trial?  If not, how do I close the free trial.  If so, how do I confirm that my credit card info was cancelled/removed and that I will not be charged at the end of the free trial?  I did not get a confirmation of any kind about the closure.

0 Likes

Hey Krissy2,

If you want to cancel your Shopify account during your free trial and you haven't selected a pricing plan, then you don't need to take any action. Your account will be frozen and you won't be charged for anything when your trial expires.

If you choose a pricing plan before the end of your free trial, then you need to manually pause or close your store to cancel your account. This process is done in the Shopify Admin — I'm assuming you have already done this.

After you close your store, you won't have access to your Shopify admin. If you want to log back in, then you will have to enter your credit card details and reactivate your store.

Reference:

Free trial

Pausing or closing your store

I can't say on a closing confirmation email or notification as I cannot find documentation on it.

All the best,

Kyle

Let's get Shopify figured out together. Get live USA-based customer service for your current or upcoming web project.
Email: hello@freshnarrative.io | tel: (443) 345-8162
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
We offer free and paid Shopify support.
Monday - Friday | 9 AM — 5 PM EST
0 Likes
2 0 1
Thanks so much. Yes, I chose a pricing plan and entered credit card info
(didn't see how to try the site without choosing a plan). I did close the
store under the Store Status section and it was successfully closed. I
would have liked confirmation that my cc info was also cancelled/deleted.
Thanks again for responding to my question.
1 0 0

Hi there,

I have 2 and possibly 3 stores with you guys. Im checking my credit card statement and I only have 2 stores but see 3 regular charges monthly from you guys.

Normally I should be charged total for 1 site about $85 on the 17th.

Also, should be about $63 a month on the 30th for another site.  No problems...

However, I have a monthly charge for $32 pulling out on the 20th every month.

I may have started a trial run on a store but I can’t remember??? If so I just need to know what the email is or something.

Can I get some help? The support email doesn’t work anymore and I need to contact someone or will have to reach out to my card company as a last ditch effort. Thanks!! 

0 Likes