Cancelling my store

Cviyeta
3 0 0

I decided to end my store and cancel my subscription. Before cancelling my store, I forgot to end a free trial on an app I was using. So now that my store is closed and It is not taking anymore payments, does that mean My free trial is also canceled. (Free trial meaning the app free trial) I am worried I’m going to be charged for this app I am not using

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
175 21 16

Hello @Cviyeta!

This is Lana from Shopify.

Sorry to hear that you have decided to finish up with your store, was it for any particular reason? I would be happy to help out in any way I can.

Regarding any app subscriptions that you may have had on your store - once you go to fully close your Shopify store, all future subscription payments are stopped. This also goes for domains that are hosted with Shopify and set to auto renew, they will not charge you when the date for reneawl comes around (with the exception of .de domains purchased before September 2019).

I just wanted to highlight that pausing your store and closing your store are not the same, and if you went on a Paused Plan instead of closing, you may be charged for your apps. Just in case, these are the steps that you should have taken to fully close the store:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Plan.

2. Click Cancel subscription or Pause or cancel subscription.

3. Review the options to pause your subscription, or sell your store.

4. If you still want to cancel, then click Cancel subscription and close store.

5. Select a reason for the cancellation, and then click Continue.

6. Enter your password, and then click Close store.

If you have done this then your store is already fully closed, and as I mentioned before, no future charges will come from there. If you have any doubts about wheter you closed it or paused it, you can check this with us by contacting our support through here. You will need to go throught that link as I am currently unable to access your account information via the Shopify Community.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks! -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Cviyeta
3 0 0

Thank you this helps alot. So just to make sure, i logged into my account and it says “account frozen” does that mean it is cancelled or paused? Thank you!

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
175 21 16

Great, thanks for checking that out! It looks like your account is already fully closed, and you don't have to take any further action on your end. I am glad this helped! 

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes