Solved

Cannot Add Non-Subscribed Customers To Marketing Campaign

Anthologie03
Excursionist
19 0 2

Hello,

I have successfully managed to import my previous shop customer data list to Shopify. They show as customers.

I tagged them and created a "MARKETING CAMPAIGN" Tab as well to make a new  Customer Group. 

This "MARKETING CAMPAIGN" group shows ups when I  create a marketing email campaign. However, only  16 subscribers show up who signed up in my current store. Not the remaining 400 plus who I had imported.

Can one only send emails to those subscribed to your current store and no other email address?

I am attaching screenshots.

Screenshot 2020-04-30 at 2.51.35 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-04-30 at 2.51.50 PM.png

Any help would be appreciated as this has driven me crazy for 2 days!

Accepted Solution (1)

michael-helium
Shopify Expert
361 5 178

This is an accepted solution.

Did you add the appropriate customer tag to the 400+ you recently imported?

Michael, COO @ Helium
- Customer Fields ✪✪✪✪✪ (346 reviews)
- Meteor Mega Menu ✪✪✪✪✪ (265 reviews)

View solution in original post

Replies 13 (13)

michael-helium
Shopify Expert
361 5 178

This is an accepted solution.

Did you add the appropriate customer tag to the 400+ you recently imported?

Michael, COO @ Helium
Anthologie03
Excursionist
19 0 2

Thank You. That worked!

BallonetSocks
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello,

I would like to email our Non-Subscribed Customers who made at least one purchase on our store. I wan to to invite them to subscribe to our mailing list.

I have created a specific target group and also tagged them. But it is still not working. When I create my e-mail via Shopify Email, I am only allowed to choose the customers list of subscribed customers. 

Is it possible to send emailing mails via Shopify Email to Non-Subscribed Customers?

Thank you

michael-helium
Shopify Expert
361 5 178

@BallonetSocks 

From the Shopify Email help center:

Will my emails send only to people that subscribe to my email marketing list?

Yes, you can only email people who opt in to receiving emails from your business. You will see those customers listed with an Accepts marketing indicator on their customer page. Shopify Email filters out any customers that do not accept email marketing for you.

Michael, COO @ Helium
BallonetSocks
Tourist
6 0 1

Thank you  @michael-helium

In this case, is there a way to send out an email subscription email to my customers, who made a purchase on our website?

All I am trying to do is to send out a sign up form or a simple email to ask wether they'll like to subscribe to our mailing list (i.e. accept marketing newsletters)

michael-helium
Shopify Expert
361 5 178

@BallonetSocks

First of all, Helium builds apps that help improve the functionality of Shopify online storefronts... I am not an expert in ecommerce marketing.

You can easily "export" customers from Shopify Admin < Customers and use any number of email service providers to send an email to those customers; however, I think the better question is should you send that email? There's a reason Shopify Email doesn't let you send email campaigns to folks who aren't subscribed. The email you're describing is itself a marketing email and could be considered spam.

There are other ways of getting users to subscribe to your mailing list. Our app Customer Fields helps merchants gain new email subscribers by adding a marketing opt-in checkbox to the registration form. You could also try an app like Spently to customize Shopify notification emails (like order confirmation emails) in order to drive repeat traffic and sales.

There are many other apps or marketing experts that could assist or advise you on the best next steps. Good luck!

Michael, COO @ Helium
Brenda_Sturmer
Tourist
6 0 1

I have about 90 backorders and would like to email the current status of expected shipping time to these customers. Is there any way to email them an update without being subscribed? Only 10 of the 90 are subscribed but I really don't want to email all 90 separately when we expect to ship their orders. The customers do expect to be emailed regarding their order which is a separate issues from marketing emails.

YetiGaming
Tourist
7 0 2

I am having this issue as well. I thought I added them the correct tag, but I am assuming I have not.

Can you provide a How To so I can try to figure out what I am missing?

Thanks!

www.yetigaming.com

michael-helium
Shopify Expert
361 5 178

Look at a customer record within your Shopify Admin. Under Email Marketing, if it says "Not subscribed" -- you cannot email that person. Even if that customer had once signed up, they may have unsubscribed.

If you want to get more email subscribers, you can use the Customer Fields app to add a marketing opt-in checkbox to your store's registration form. This is available on the app's "Basic" plan.

Michael, COO @ Helium
uselogic
Tourist
6 0 10

You should not email customers who have not subscribed to accept emails, however, if a customer asks you to add them to your email list rather than signing up themselves, or if for some reason a customer should show as subscribed, but doesn't, you can change their status. In the customer list, click on the customer's name. On the customer record screen you will see in the lower right a box titled "Email marketing." If you click on the edit link inside that box you will be able to change them from unsubscribed to subscribed. 

It is very disheartenning to see on this forum so many people represented as "Shopify Experts" or even "Shopify Staff" who give incorrect information when answering queries. 

rorchoz
Tourist
11 0 1

Hello, i'm not quite sure what this means. What tag needs to be added? 

michael-helium
Shopify Expert
361 5 178

@rorchoz the original poster had created a customer group that was classified by (an unspecified) customer tag.

If you are trying to import a group of email subscribers, follow Shopify's guidelines for importing customers via CSV and pay attention to the Accepts Email/SMS Marketing columns.

Michael, COO @ Helium

erikalynnsimon
Visitor
2 0 0

I am having a similar problem to this! I have over 200 customers sign up for shopify email subscriptions but it only says I can email 19 of them! Can someone please help 😞