Cannot Connect Store To Netregistry Domain

Solved
Highlighted
2 1 0

Hi guys,

First. I have to say thank you for such an amazing product!.

I need some help though connecting a custom domain from Netregistry to my shopify store as I feel I must be missing something.

Following a combination of these documents:

I have configured the A record and CNAME to what I believed to be the correct values(see screen shot below):

domains.png

However, regardless of how long I wait, the verify connection from shopify does not seem to pick up the new values(see screen shot below):

connec.png

Notes:

• For the CNAME I have tried both `shops.myshopify.com` and `myshopname.myshopify.com`
  • I have waited at least 48 hours

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here? Also, could someone help me understand the difference with the CNAME reference and why some guides suggest `shops.xxxx` and others suggest `myshopname.xxxx`?

Thank you so much in advance for any help

David

0 Likes

Success.

2 1 0

SOLVED!

And of course, only after I post asking for help do i discover the issue.

For anyone else suffering with the same issue, ill post the solution here:

1. CNAME -> `shops.myshopify.com`, not your custom store name
  2. Using a *Parked Domain* with Netregistry, you need make sure your named servers are delegated to your cPanel hosting(https://support.netregistry.com.au/articles/nr/Modifying-domain-name-servers-or-DNS-records)
    1. Inside cPanel tab -> Grab the namesever 1 && 2, itll be something like `ns1.server-cpanel.com`
    2. Head to Domain Deligation Tab and update the name server entries to use these values from name server 1 && 2
  3. ???????
  4. Profit

This seems to have been the missing link for me, nothing on shopifies end.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hey, thanks for the post, been looking everywhere, may I just ask where  I can find the cPanel nameservers because I am struggling to find them. Thanks 

0 Likes