Cannot Connect Store To Netregistry Domain

Solved
Highlighted
2 1 0

Hi guys,

First. I have to say thank you for such an amazing product!.

I need some help though connecting a custom domain from Netregistry to my shopify store as I feel I must be missing something.

Following a combination of these documents:

I have configured the A record and CNAME to what I believed to be the correct values(see screen shot below):

domains.png

However, regardless of how long I wait, the verify connection from shopify does not seem to pick up the new values(see screen shot below):

connec.png

Notes:

• For the CNAME I have tried both `shops.myshopify.com` and `myshopname.myshopify.com`
  • I have waited at least 48 hours

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here? Also, could someone help me understand the difference with the CNAME reference and why some guides suggest `shops.xxxx` and others suggest `myshopname.xxxx`?

Thank you so much in advance for any help

David

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

SOLVED!

And of course, only after I post asking for help do i discover the issue.

For anyone else suffering with the same issue, ill post the solution here:

1. CNAME -> `shops.myshopify.com`, not your custom store name
  2. Using a *Parked Domain* with Netregistry, you need make sure your named servers are delegated to your cPanel hosting(https://support.netregistry.com.au/articles/nr/Modifying-domain-name-servers-or-DNS-records)
    1. Inside cPanel tab -> Grab the namesever 1 && 2, itll be something like `ns1.server-cpanel.com`
    2. Head to Domain Deligation Tab and update the name server entries to use these values from name server 1 && 2
  3. ???????
  4. Profit

This seems to have been the missing link for me, nothing on shopifies end.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey, thanks for the post, been looking everywhere, may I just ask where  I can find the cPanel nameservers because I am struggling to find them. Thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

My domain registered is with Netregistry (just the domain name) however I am unable to get a connection and I've had to revert the website back.

Can I confirm if you were able to verify the connection in Shopify without your website being down? If the website was down, how long did it take before you were able to verify the connection.

0 Likes