Cannot associate my pixel to the Facebook catalog managed by Shopify

1 0 1

Within the recent past it seems that the facebook integration with Shopify automatically creates a catalog. It's formatted very nicely and all collections are present. Previously you had to download an app to create a feed for the catalog. 

The only problem I can't figure out is how to connect my pixel to this new catalog that is automatically created by Shopify. It says the catalog is managed by Shopify so there is no way for me to assign a pixel to it.

Any help on this?

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 3

Same issue.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
49 0 1

I'm having the same issue.

Can anyone help on this?

1 Like
1 0 0

Ive been trying to resolve this for weeks with both FB and Shopify. No one can or no one is trying hard enough to figure this out. FB instructions are to associate it in catalog settings. Yet their settings don't allow association since the catalog belongs to Shopify and Im not the admin. 

Shopify has recommended creating a new catalog and using RSS feeds to update. I did this in the past and the pixel data is not accurate. Many missing add to carts, purchases not counted, missing products when using pixel helper in cart. 

This is honestly ridiculous and it pisses me off that Shopify support is not dedicating more resources to fixing this. 

How many shopify stores owners use FB for marketing? How important is accurate purchase data from the pixel to managing ROI? How is this not a priority?????

The RSS method is serviceable but it's not good enough.

0 Likes
2 0 1

Any answeres to this? Same problem.

0 Likes
Tourist
18 0 3

I think the problem is related to the fact that tha Product Catalog that automatically is created after you connect your Facebook Account to your Shopify store is OWNED by Shopify, so we can not just simple connect our Facebook Pixels to this Product Catalog.

And if we create our own catalogs, they are not linked to our shopify stores.

Tell me if you experience the same problems?

0 Likes
2 0 1

Wow. The Shopify response to this is deafening...

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Greetings,

Has anyone found a solution to this?

I was able to synch the products but Pixel is not recognizing the product catalog.

I've seen Youtube videos recommending to synch using Flexify and thus creating the catalog from the Business Manager which will then allow to link Pixel accordingly.

Has anyone tried that before successfully?

Thanks

0 Likes
2 0 1

Hey Alchemist

The only way I have been able to succesfully resolve this issue is by installing KIT. 

https://apps.shopify.com/kit?utm_content=contextual&utm_medium=shopify&utm_source=admin

Which I highly recommend....

Kit creates a whole new catlogue that actually seems to work and it prompts you to consider alternative markeing ideas. You need to tweak and take the good with the bad but the main benefit is the cataloge KIT creates and what the Shopify catalogue should have been. It can be used in and out of Shopify and now finally allows me to create dynamic adds and other FB marketing varients. 

Let me know what you think

JS

www.jackstillman.com.au

1 Like
Tourist
12 0 3

Any update on this topic? I am in the same problem. 

Facebook answer : Ask Shopify

Shopify answer: Download (and pay) and app, hire shopify expert... 

Seriously... 

0 Likes