Cannot associate my pixel to the Facebook catalog managed by Shopify

Shopify Partner
3 0 2

Hi, I have exactly the same problem and so does hundreds of people. Please let us know how to solve this. My pixel is NOT working due to missing catalog issues which are adressed in this forum. Please, Everything is ready to sell and this is frustrating as hell.

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 1

Maybe this will work for some people, none of the other suggestions worked for me. I was able to associate my pixel to the Shopify-owned catalog by also linking the Facebook Marketing App through my store. I think I got to it through the Marketing tab on my store admin, connected it to my FB page, and then the pixel was linked. I do not use it to run any ads though, still do those through FB ad manager.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

Hi , Great tip! Interesting to know and i will try this way since i have the same issue. Do you mind giving a little bit more info on the whole process? Thanks

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Sure - Assuming you already have your catalog set up on Facebook, on the left side of your shopify admin page there is a section called Marketing. Click that and set up Facebook marketing with your page. Then go back to your ads manager account, in the top left there are three lines. On that menu, select catalogs. Click on your shopify catalog. when that opens, on the left menu click event data sources. It will hopefully show your pixel. If not, try creating an ad with that catalog and see if it shows up. I can't recall which I did first!

1 Like
1 0 0

Sensational! Solve my pixel error on view content.

0 Likes
3 0 0

Where is the Shopify support and response to this issue? I am having the same issue and have had several calls and chats with Shopify support but have been unable to resolve the problem.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hey there!

Shoot me an email if you're still having this problem :) 

I've recently found a solution to this problem, and I can walk you thru fixing it so your event source is paired to your Shopify Catalog!

Email: jmaher@esperinbound.com 

0 Likes
3 0 0
Thank you! I finally figured it out.
0 Likes