Cannot bulk delete products.

lib319
3 0 1

I cannot bulk delete either the default 50 products or the entirety of the stock.  I have done this before (a week ago) but now all I get is the 'busy' wheel on the warning box saying "You cannot recover deleted products, do you wish to continue?".  This continues indefinitely.  I can delete individual products by going into their individual listings but I cannot even delete 1 product using the bulk delete feature.  The size of inventory means I need to be able to bulk delete.

In the meantime to keep up to date I've tried to import an overwrite of the stock I cannot delete which is giving this error message "Validation failed: Option Title cannot be blank and 0 option values given but 1 options exist" despite trying the workaround here https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussion/t/problem-importing-csv-file-option-title-cannot-...

Please help, I cannot update any products in my store.

Any help appreciated.

lib319

Joe_Furniss
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

I have the same problem, both with the inability to bulk delete and with the import. Furthermore, I can't bulk delete pages either.

I have taken a look the code, and there is a javascript error stating: "Uncaught Error: Object #<e> has no method 'deleteSelected'. 

0 Likes
lib319
3 0 1

Now seems to be working? How about you?

0 Likes
Joe_Furniss
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

Yeah, sorted now. 

Though in true Shopify style, they've neither replied to this discussion nor my support ticket. 

0 Likes
harmen2
Tourist
8 0 2

I tried to delete my products and it didnt work

Instead the solution for me was just naming all the products I wanted to delete: "0"

Then I went to collections and removed/deleted all the products named "0"

thereby the products didnt appear anymore on the webshop

but to do that you have to:

1 go to "products" -> "collections" and make a collection naming it like "clothing collection"

2 then go to online store -> navigation -> main menu -> add menu item named like "clothing" and for link fill in "clothing colllection" (now it appears on your webshop)

3 then go to "products" -> "collections" adding the products you want to the "clothing collection" (to the collection you made appearing on your webshop)

4 and then you can just remove products from the collection that you dont want and add products you do want

so basically deleting products doesn't work, but deleting products from collections does work and in the end it achieves the same of them not appearing aynmore on your webshop

tip: name the products you want to delete just all "0" so in a collection

you can search "0" and delete them all

0 Likes