Cannot cancel store

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have put my shop onto the 'pause plan' which will start charging me from next month.

I have tried to cancel the account by selecting "Remove online store" - this just re directs me to the same page and does not delete the store.

I have tried using the "contact us" to contact the online chat and email support - both do not allow me to and gives the following error  "There was a problem selecting your shop. Choose another shop, or continue to get support."

Anything else I can try??

It does not allow me to chat to the chat or send an email for support either.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
794 41 122

Hi, @Lee50!

Removing the online store would not close the account, it would move you to the Lite plan for $9 USD per month. If your store is currently on the Full Pause plan, you would not have admin access in order to close the store yourself. You have some options on how you can close the store:

• After 3 months of the Pause plan, you will automatically be upgraded to the Pause and Build plan. This plan gives you admin access to work on your store, but still disables the checkout so you do not have to fulfil orders while you work. So to close up shop, you can wait for your 3 months on the Pause plan to expire, which will automatically move you to the Pause and Build plan. This plan will cost $9 USD, so after you pay this you can close the store and you may then be refunded the $9.
  • You can log in now without waiting by choosing the Basic Plan for $29 USD, then when you have access to the admin, you can close the store and let us know as soon as this is done so we can review for a refund.

Let me know which option works best for you, we can take things from there.

Speak soon!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi I am having the exact same problem I have put my store on pause but now want to delete it so I don't get billed the 9 dollars please help me , I would appreciate it. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
794 41 122

Hi, @davidg36g!

To close your store and not move to the Pause and Build plan after three months, it's best to close your store sooner rather than later. There is no charge for the Full Pause plan until the end of the three months! To close the store you need admin access, which is not something the Pause and Build plan offers. You would need to select a plan to gain admin access, then close the store. After you close the store, you can reply to me here on the Community Forums so we can (if possible) issue a refund to you! 

Cancelling the store is something that is best done by the store owners. I can walk you through the process!

1. Go to the Settings in your stores Admin sidebar.
2. Next, go to Plans and permissions
3. From there, scroll down to "Pause or Cancel Store".
4. Go to "want to close your store?" and click "Close my Store"
5. Enter your password to complete the process.

After that, you could reply to me here and we can chat about refunding you! 

I understand paying the fee and then being refunded is not the ideal scenario, but there is no way to bypass this at the moment. It is also the fastest way to close the store!

Let me know how you get on!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm trying to close down a demo store that never took a single payment after using the "pause" function in case I needed it again.

Only found this forum post after searching, because Shopify apparently doesn't think it would be good to include "pay ransom, close your store, then request a refund via our community forum" on https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/pause-close-store/.

I used to direct clients to Shopify for ecommerce and there's no chance I'm doing that now.

0 Likes