Cannot cancel store

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have put my shop onto the 'pause plan' which will start charging me from next month.

I have tried to cancel the account by selecting "Remove online store" - this just re directs me to the same page and does not delete the store.

I have tried using the "contact us" to contact the online chat and email support - both do not allow me to and gives the following error  "There was a problem selecting your shop. Choose another shop, or continue to get support."

Anything else I can try??

It does not allow me to chat to the chat or send an email for support either.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
685 37 108

Hi, @Lee50!

Removing the online store would not close the account, it would move you to the Lite plan for $9 USD per month. If your store is currently on the Full Pause plan, you would not have admin access in order to close the store yourself. You have some options on how you can close the store:

• After 3 months of the Pause plan, you will automatically be upgraded to the Pause and Build plan. This plan gives you admin access to work on your store, but still disables the checkout so you do not have to fulfil orders while you work. So to close up shop, you can wait for your 3 months on the Pause plan to expire, which will automatically move you to the Pause and Build plan. This plan will cost $9 USD, so after you pay this you can close the store and you may then be refunded the $9.
  • You can log in now without waiting by choosing the Basic Plan for $29 USD, then when you have access to the admin, you can close the store and let us know as soon as this is done so we can review for a refund.
  • I can send a request to our Accounts team so they can manually close your store to try and avoid them impending charges.

Let me know which option works best for you, we can take things from there.

Speak soon!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes