Cannot complete validation when connecting domain name. Please help!

Highlighted
3 0 0

Just switched from wordpress/woocommerce to a shopify account. So far no one can tell me what is going on. I have customers emailing me saying my site says it isn't secure and you should go back. This is no good and I am on day three. I try to validate everything and the shopify link is the one that says it can't validate. Any idea what I can do to regain my online presence with out going back to woocommerce?

Thanks

Jeremy

furniturecitygraphics.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1649 99 357

Hey, there!

When making DNS changes, it can take up to 24 hours for them to be seen by our systems. This means that if you've recently updated the A record and Cname record, there's a good chance these changes haven't taken effect which is why we can't validate the domain. This is what I can see in the public DNS records currently:13-44-m51tn-769s1

13-48-cnb0o-i5skt

Your A record for your root domain will need to point to 23.227.38.32, whereas your subdomain Cname record will need to point to shops.myshopify.com. Once these changes are made and recognized by our systems, you should be good to go.

Let me know if you run into any issues along the way!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Still nothing. Waited 24 hrs and still have the same issue. Not sure why I have 2 A records. But I cannot delete the first one. Almost a week down and sales show it. Any one have any idea what I can do?

If I transfer my domain do I loose what time I have paid in advance and all my email addresses? I am about at wits end with all of this. Woocommerce for almost a year and then switched and now everything is messed up.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Anyone? I need help asap. Thank you in advance.

Jermy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1649 99 357

Taking a look here, I can see that your primary A record is still set to a third party IP address:

16-13-t4bke-ofhgq

This will need to be updated to 23.227.38.32 before the domain can be added to your Shopify account. Have you had a chance to speak with domain provider in reference to why it hasn't yet updated? They would be your best route here as they'd be able to speak for why the records haven't yet updated, even after the 24 hour waiting period. 

-Peter

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes