Cannot connect facebook page due to x-frame header restriction

Highlighted
2 0 0

It just doesn't work, I:

1. select my page
  2. press "accept terms"
  3. it says I have to login
  4. iframe goes white
  5. console reports that the connection was blocked due to x-frame-options "deny" restriction

How to connect my Facebook page then?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
388 25 112

Hi, @shopifier4!

This is Rae from Shopify. Welcome to the Community, and thank you for reaching out about this error you're receiving. I'm glad to help investigate this further and work towards a resolution. 

To confirm, does this error appear when you're attempting to connect your Facebook Shop integration

If so, please try clearing your browser cache and then connecting the channel again. If this doesn't resolve the issue, I recommend testing this out in another browser - like Chrome, Safari, or Firefox - to see if the same issue happens in those browsers, too.

Equally, it's a good idea to also test this connection out on another device, such as a tablet, or a mobile phone. In some instances, issues like this can be local, and using another device can determine if this is the case. 

If the error is still appearing after completing that troubleshooting, please reply directly to me here with a screenshot showing this error message. That way, I'll be able to take a closer look into this. 

Please keep me posted on the above. I look forward to hearing back from you and working on resolving this! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Tried already in latest Firefox and latest Chrome, same effect in both.

Not sure how's that supposed to work. I'm a professional programmer.

Facebook sends the header which is supposed to prevent from displaying the page inside a frame, and you are trying to do so lol

Peek 2020-03-07 22-04.gif

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
388 25 112

Hi, @shopifier4

Thanks for getting back to me with these details, and sharing that screen recording. 

The Terms of Service page that's showing in the recording you included is hosted on Facebook's end. However, our team has experienced this issue in the past, and they've found that this is due to a setting in most up to date browsers which prevents cross-site tracking. Turning this feature off directly in the browser has resolved this for other merchants, so I recommend doing this by completing the steps below: 

1. Open a Chrome browser 
  2. In the menu at the top of the browser, click 'Chrome'  and then select 'Preferences' 
  3. Scroll down the page to 'Privacy and security' 
  4. Click 'More' 
  5. Turn off the setting titled 'Send a "Do Not Track" request with your browsing traffic' 

Once you've disabled this setting, please try to reconnect your Facebook page in your Shopify admin once again. If this continues to loop, please let me know. 

Looking forward to hearing how this goes! 

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

I also have this problem. This is the message I see:

"Blocked by X-Frame-Options Policy

An error occurred during a connection to www.facebook.com.

Firefox prevented this page from loading in this context because the page has an X-Frame-Options policy that disallows it."

Is there any way to work on this with Firefox?

And is it safe to use FB Shop with Shopify? What about clickjacking problems?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I did clear the browser cache as suggested in an other answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
388 25 112

Hi, @MF_GP!

Thanks for reaching out to let us know about the troubles you're having with this. 

This is an issue tied to the settings enabled on certain browsers, and at this time, we've only confirmed the steps to resolve this on Safari and Chrome, so I'm unsure if Firefox has a setting that can be disabled to resolve this, too.

However, as a workaround, I recommend downloading either Safari or Google Chrome, and then following these steps to connect your Facebook Shop channel using one of those browsers. If you run into the same error, please follow the steps I shared above to turn off the setting causing this.

Once your Facebook page is connected, you're more than welcome to continue using Firefox to access your Shopify admin. As long as the Facebook Shop channel stays connected, you shouldn't run into this issue with Facebook again. 

In terms of your second question about the safety of using Facebook Shop and Shopify, can you please tell me a bit more about your concerns? Once I have more details about this, I can certainly provide more information. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I've been having the same issue.  Tried all browsers.  I finally got it to let me log in when I tried from the Shopify app on my iPhone.  Now it's under review with Facebook.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I tried with Google Chrome and Safari and followed all the steps you suggested above. Even when i turn off the 'do not track' option the error occures and I can not connect my shop to Facebook because Facebook is blocking the connection.

Any other suggestions or fixes?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
388 25 112

Hi, @Scifash

I appreciate you reaching out about the troubles you're having with this. 

Have you tried clearing your browser cache on Chrome, and attempting to connect your page again? When you do this, please ensure that the 'do not track'  setting is still turned off within your browser settings. 

If this doesn't work, I recommend trying to connect the page via a mobile device, like @angelkinz mentioned. It may also be worthwhile to try connecting the page from another computer, or a tablet, if you have access to either of these. 

Let me know how that goes! 

1 Like