Solved

Cannot create automated Collection with multiple conditions

Hubert2
Tourist
9 0 5

Hello Guys, I am trying to create a collection using the Automated option.  I am using multiple conditions using Tags that I just uploaded via CSV product template. I have a Product type called "MEN" that I put as my 1st condition and then I included 4 conditions using 4 Tags.  I have specified "All conditions to be met".  I am getting a blank collection although I can see the Tags exist for a sample products list I verified in Products table/listing.  I have attached screen shots of the Tags as well as the conditions.  Kindly could someone help me with this issue urgently ? Thanks and much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (2)
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2330 350 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Okay in your scenario if you wanted the green highlighted things to be in your collection you would set it to any condition. Then in the conditions you set you would do "product tag is equal to crossbody", "product tag is equal to wrist bag" "product tag is equal to shoulder bag" "product tag is equal to messenger bag"

Alternatively, you could go to those products and add a different tag, perhaps whatever you're going to call your collection. So if it were "mens collection one" or something, you could create the collection and use all conditions, and do "product type is equal to men" and "product tag is equal to mens collection one"

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄

View solution in original post

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2330 350 1024

Not a problem. Yeah, Shopify does some wonky things you're going to have to find workarounds for. It's a great platform and easy to use most of the time. The worst part about the auto fill for collections is that you can't exclude products with specific tags, you can only do product tag is equal to. This is a good place to come for answers though, the community is nice and everyone's already been through most things if you dig deep enough.

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2330 350 1024

You're confusing the all conditions option. You want ANY condition. All conditions would mean it will only include products that have the tag "Men, Crossbody, Messenger bag, Wrist bag, and  Shoulder bag" So if you add ALL of those tags to one product, it will populate that product if you're using the "all conditions" option. 

Hubert2
Tourist
9 0 5

Thanks for your response.   I understand what you are saying but I have several others Tags created  under the same Product Type "MEN" but I only need to pull products under these 4 specific tags to create this collection.  Hence I cannot select   ALL option.  

Hubert2
Tourist
9 0 5

Sorry meant I can't select the ANY option.

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2330 350 1024

I'm not sure I understand, I said you should use the any condition option. Could you maybe lay out the scenario of two products you want to include and what they are tagged with? And maybe an example of a product you want to exclude and what it's tagged with? 

Hubert2
Tourist
9 0 5

I have attached a list showing the Tags and Product Type against the Actual products.   This list is the export from Admin-Products export option.  The products with tags in yellow are the ones i would like to exclude as example and the ones in Green are the ones I require in the collection.  If I select ANY, the collection includes any tag that is created under Product Type MEN ...example in this case Tags "Wallet" & "Accessories".  These are part of another collection.  The fact that the tags appear in the drop down indicate the tags are created correctly I guess.

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2330 350 1024

Okay in your scenario if you wanted the green highlighted things to be in your collection you would set it to any condition. Then in the conditions you set you would do "product tag is equal to crossbody", "product tag is equal to wrist bag" "product tag is equal to shoulder bag" "product tag is equal to messenger bag"

Alternatively, you could go to those products and add a different tag, perhaps whatever you're going to call your collection. So if it were "mens collection one" or something, you could create the collection and use all conditions, and do "product type is equal to men" and "product tag is equal to mens collection one"

Hubert2
Tourist
9 0 5

Thanks for your prompt response.  The reason I cannot use the "ANY" condition is because I have a similar tag "Shoulder bags" under Product Type "Women" and it would pull those products too which I would not like.  But as you suggested I will create unique Tags under each Product types  and avoid common tags under different product types to avoid this issue.  So I guess it is a constraint or limitation in the Shopify design in that you cannot pick specific tags available under the Product Type tag, which does not make sense.  So it is all or none.  Once again I really appreciate you taking time to help me out and i owe you one!! Thanks!!

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2330 350 1024

Not a problem. Yeah, Shopify does some wonky things you're going to have to find workarounds for. It's a great platform and easy to use most of the time. The worst part about the auto fill for collections is that you can't exclude products with specific tags, you can only do product tag is equal to. This is a good place to come for answers though, the community is nice and everyone's already been through most things if you dig deep enough.

ecomplement
Shopify Partner
19 0 5

You can overcome that limitation of filtering with multiple tags using Kimonix Super Collections app. There, can create an automated collection with a set of filters that one of them includes a set of tags with an OR relation.

Give it a try and see if it solves you problem.

cascoly
Visitor
2 0 0

realizing this is an old post, but you forgot to mention your 'solution'

costs $29/mo and can only be used for 5 collections!