Cannot found the Product Collection in Tax Settings.

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi Experts,

I have created 2 product collections, i.e. TABLE and CHAIR. 

When I try to setup the "Add Tax Override", i cannot find the product collections (TABLE and CHAIR).

Capture.PNG

Is it I have missed out something?

Please advice.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
677 63 88

Hey, @bestian.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand you have two collections that aren't appearing when you try to set up the tax override. It may be difficult to determine the cause of the issue without being able to see your collection or tax settings. However, I'd recommend checking whether the collections are available for the online store sales channel first. Also, if you have a publishing date set for the collection, you'll want to ensure that there isn't an error with the dates. If the collections are already available for the online store, it may also be worth toggling them by deselecting all the sales channels in the collection's availability. Remember to hit save, then re-enable them for the each of the sales channels and save again.

If the issue persists, feel free to let me know your store URL and I'd be happy to take a closer look!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I am having a similar issue.

When creating the Product Overide in the Tax Overide, I was able to see the several Collections I created a month ago to select from. 

I did not have a specific one that I wanted to use in the list, so I used the link in the Product Overide to create a collection.  After creating a new collection, the Add Product Override would no longer show ANY of the collections to choose from.  I'm wondering if by using the link in the Add Product Overide instead of using the normal Create Collection section is causing the issue?

I deleted and recreated the collection and still none of my collections are showing in the Add Product Override selection.  I am not able to create the Override.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

The only thing that shows on the list is "Home Page"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
677 63 88

Hey, @CraigC & @bestian.

There was an update earlier in the year for tax overrides and exemptions, which changed the way tax overrides work with smart collections. In short, tax overrides no longer works with automated collections and are restricted to manual collections. The reason for this is to avoid unexpected surprises at checkout. If you'd like more information on this, you can find this on our changelog

With that being said, since the 'Home page' collection is visible, which is a manual collection - it's possible that the other collections are automated collections. Can you confirm whether this is the case? 

0 Likes
3 0 0

Dear Shopify

We have a shop for optical glasses  and sun glasses. We have managed reduced VAT rates for optical glasses via collection and exceptions.

Now this possibility is closed.  What is the new way for managing different VAT rates for different product groups?

Regards

Ričardas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
677 63 88

Hey, @Ricardas.

Thank you for joining the thread and that's a great question!

With the recent changes to tax overrides and exemptions, you can still create these exceptions using manual collections. Previously you can create tax overrides and exemptions for automated or smart collections. However, as automated collections pull products into the collection automatically, this change was made to prevent unexpected surprises with the tax settings. If you're interested, this was mentioned in our changelog on May 8, 2020.

With that being said, I'm not sure if this is the issue you're running into - Were your previous exceptions made with automated collections? If so, you should be able to recreate them using a manual collection.

If you're experiencing a different issue, simply let me know and I'd be happy to take a closer look!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hi

Thanks for reply. I could still manage it with manual collection. The
issue is that we have about 300+ products here we need to apply.
And based on your description I need to add them one by one
manually instead of selecting category.

Regards
Ričardas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
677 63 88

Hey, @Ricardas.

Thanks for the follow-up! Glad to hear that you're still able to manage the tax overrides and exemptions using manual collections. As this change was made to avoid unexpected issues with tax settings during checkout, you will need to curate those collections manually. Nonetheless, I understand that adding 300+ products manually can be a bit cumbersome -  I'd be happy to share this feedback with our developers. 

If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm kinda frustrated with this as well. I rely often on Shopify's different filtering and automated features, ESPECIALLY when it comes to sales tax, which can be a tricky topic. I think that removing the option to use Automatic Collections because it might bring in surprise tax charges is treating your clients like children. People make mistakes, but someone who knows how to run a business would do as much as possible to be careful when it comes to tax matters. Please put that option back. Someone's tax mistake is not Shopify's responsibility.

0 Likes