Cannot open 'Pages', 'Themes', or even get 'Support' to work

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 1

I have tried getting hold 'Support' but the page will not load.

My problem is that this morning I tried to work on my new website and when I tried loading 'Pages' it would not load.  I then tried the other sections and noticed that the same applied to 'Themes' as well.

The message I repeatedly get when trying to load my sites 'Pages' is:

"There’s a problem loading this page
There’s a technical problem with Shopify that has prevented this page from loading. Try reloading this page or going to another page in Shopify. If that doesn’t work, visit our status page

for updates and try again later."

This is really disappointing because up until now I was finding Shopify really useful and it seemed to be just what we needed for our website, but not being able to get into 'pages' is a real deal breaker.  This is only magnified by not being able to get hold of Support.

Unless this is sorted today then I will just have to go and learn WP as the only other option.  (Something I do not wish to do by the way.)

Any help much appreciated. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Explorer
70 5 12

Hey there @BRPrinter.  So sounds like this is happening in the editor? 

If so there are a few things that could cause this in my experience including some code that might be breaking in the editor, or some External code causing some issues.

More than happy to take a look for you if you like.  Feel free to shoot me an email.  digital.reincarnation@gmail.com.  I dont charge for consultations or quick fixes :)

its 8:54am PST Now, i will be out for about an hour but happy to take a look when I get back.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
113 4 30

Provide your store url !

Sudipta 
MS Web Designer | Task4Store
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1000+ Happy Clients

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: task4store@mswebdesigner.com
Want to get Free review and advice for sale on store ?? just text me here

Shopify Help on Demand from 19$ -  https://www.task4store.com/
150 + Shopify Small Tasks for Shopify & Shopify Plus Store

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 0 4

It might have been a temporary outage.

When experiencing an error you should always check the status of Shopify at:
https://shopifystatus.com/

There was an outage earlier today that might have been the cause of your problem.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thanks to 'Reincarnated' managed to work out the problem and solve it.

It appears a 'Windows update' I had done mucked things up with my browser, Internet Explorer, when I changed to Chrome the situation no longer existed.

A very big 'THANK YOU' to Reincarnated, and indeed the others who offered help and advice.  

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 0

Hiya,

I'm having the same problem.

I've checked the Shopify Status - all fine.

I cannot even load the Shopify Support contact us page - hence my question on here.

My store URL is isha-body-jewellery.myshopify.com.

Please help as this has continued for almost a week on two separate PCs (different operating systems).  I really need to make edits to my theme.

Thanks,

Emma 

Let us style your identity with a new piercing or body jewellery.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
70 5 12

@Isha_Body_Jewel Feel free to shoot me an email.  I can go through the same troubleshooting with you as I did with @BRPrinter 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
70 5 12

Just to Confirm.  @Isha_Body_Jewel had the same issue as OP.  Browser broken, by possible Windows Update.  Chrome worked fine.

0 Likes