Cannot publish some new products to eBay - why?

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I am relatively new to Shopify and am still learning my way around. I connected to eBay a couple of weeks ago and published some select products to my eBay store. Everything seemed great - but - NONE of the products I have created over the past week are on the list of available items to publish on eBay. I have:

1. Checked the collection to make sure it is available to eBay. It has to be, because a couple of the products in that collection are already published to eBay.

2. Checked the individual products to be sure they have been made available to eBay - which they have.
3. Checked the "sales channels>ebay>listings" tabs for "published" - "ready to publish" - "need review" - and cannot find these products listed there anywhere.

4. Checked all the settings in products I have already successfully published and the ones that will not show up for differences - I cannot find anything different.

I am a web developer and know a little about template code editing, and I think I have done a pretty successful job of setting up my store and getting it to appear the way I want it to, but this problem has me completely perplexed. Can anyone lead me in the right direction here?

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Any help here at all, or is there some reason why nobody has responded? :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 1 6

I am having the same problem.  Any new products do not appear as ready to publish to eBay though I can find the products within Shopify and on the website.  I have tried deleting and starting over.  I even created a dummy product.  Channel is set up correctly.  Nothing seems to help.  The 739 original products all appear just fine, only the new products do not show up.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 1 6

After hours of digging I found the answer on a eBay forum.

https://connectebay.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001843352-Product-Availability-for-eBay

If the link does not work then...

Go to the eBay Channel on the left margin

Click on Publish

Click on Refresh

Apparently you will have to do this every time you add a new product!

5 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 1 6

I dont mean refresh your screen...click on the refresh link provided by eBay about mid screen.

1 Like
Highlighted

Thank you for sharing this! Mind-boggling why this isn't in the official help documents. 

Monster, creature & cryptozoology patches, buttons & stickers.
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

I don't see it :(

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Found it! Thank you. I thought you meant it was in eBay, which didn't make sense but I couldn't find it anywhere. lol

Thank you : )

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Here is something you can double check. 

Make sure that the product has the following.

• All eBay listings need images, thus if the product doesn't have an image it will not be imported.
  • All eBay listings need a description.
  • The product must be visible on the first import from Shopify. Make sure that in the product page, upper right corner, Visibility has the checkbox for Online Store checked. Also, make sure there's a date in the Publish this product on field (click on the calendar symbol to make the field appear). If you want hidden products to import later see Import hidden products from Shopify
  • We retrieve your Shopify products based on their association to Collections, thus if the product is not in a Collection it won't be imported. The Shopify * Collection becomes the category in our system and is used to associate products to an eBay category.
  • If Inventory Policy is set to "Shopify tracks this product's inventory", then the quantity must be greater than zero or the product will not be imported.
0 Likes