Cannot send nor resend SMS messages

Highlighted
2 0 1

We have a relatively new store. We have not, as of yet, been able to send nor resend an SMS message for any of our orders. email notifications work fine but the SMS option does not. I have followed the instructions located ON THIS THREAD HERE but have not, at any point been able to get this functionality to work. Is there a technical, configuration or setup step that we may be missing? Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
536 31 86

Hi, @tonytorero!

Tira here from Shopify Support. 

SMS Notifications should be going through if all the steps in the help doc that you reviewed were followed. It could be that there is an issue with the SMS provider sending out the notifications, so I would like to take a closer look into your store with our technical team. I have sent an email to the email address listed in your profile. Could you please take a look and send me a reply? 

Once I receive your reply on the email I would be happy to investigate this further for you!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thank you. I have replied to your email.

Many thanks,

Tony

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

sms-issue.JPG

I am still unable to see the option to test SMS notifications in my store and my customers aren't either receiving any notifications. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to have an SMS carrier to send SMS?

Store location: Pakistan

I have even already saved my phone number in General Settings.

sms-issue-1.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
536 31 86

Hi, @BombayApparels.

Tira here, from Shopify Support.

Thank you for reaching out with your question, I'm happy to help.

You can send a test SMS notification to yourself for any of your notifications by following these steps:

- Login to your Shopify Admin

- Click on Settings > Notifications

- Click on the template you want to send a test SMS notification from and click on "Send SMS Test"

- An SMS text will be sent to the number listed in "Settings > General" 

If you aren't receiving messages on your phone, then you will need to contact your provider to ask them for assistance. I recommend letting them know that you are trying to send SMS messages and that you aren't receiving them.

Let me know if that helps! Which notifications are your customers not receiving? 

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks Tira, 

It seems that toggling the option on/off made it worked as mentioned earlier in this thread, I think. Also, one thing that I noticed that I won't send any test messages to your number which is registered in your shopify store, not sure what's wrong there.

Anyways thank once again.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
536 31 86

I'm glad I could help!

Have you had a chance to speak with your phone provider to see if you can receive SMS notifications? I did some digging and sometimes the formatting of an international number may be affecting the ability to receive these notifications on your store. You can use this phone number parser and enter in your phone number to see if the formatting is valid, here. If it is, please reply to this thread here and I can forward your store to our technical team to take a closer look.

Let me know if that is helpful! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

Yes, I can receive SMS notification. Also, I followed the link you provided earlier and filled out the fields but it generated this error, not sure what it means. Can you please guide me through? I tried (92 and +92) both and got same results. Although, I have saved my phone number in Shopify store as (+923333169...).

error1.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
536 31 86

Thank you for confirming that you can receive SMS notifications, @BombayApparels.

I appreciate you posting this screenshot. As this is a third-party tool, the specific error message would be outside our scope of support.

I can take a deeper look at your store to see how we can help with your SMS notifications not being sent/resent. I've sent an email to the email address listed on your Shopify Community forums profile. Could you please check your inbox? 

Once I hear back from you through the email, I can take a look. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

hi there, I am having the same issue as the first poster. My store is new, and all my setting seem to be correct.

When a customer has entered their email, but then also selects the checkout option to receive SMS updates (and gets a confirmation sentence saying that they will receive updates by email AND SMS) they are receiving the emails, but not the SMS. 

A customer who only enters their phone number (and no email address) seems to be getting the SMS updates.

I'd appreciate any advice or help with this!

0 Likes