Cannot upload image - under 20mb

alvarl
2 0 0

Dear all,

I am new and starting my first page. I have saved my images for web in photoshop and each of them is around 400kb. All my images combine is around 5mb. 

But when I upload the images, it says cannot upload as it excees 20mb? What's wrong and how do i fix it?

Thanks

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10039 119 1876

Always best to share some context. For example. where are you uploading the image to? A product? An asset? Files?
Are you able to upload one of the images somewhere else so the forum members can see it and - if needed - test?

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
alvarl
2 0 0

It's a product image. So uploading it when I'm setting up my product. Still in my trial period for Shopify.

trying to upload around 5 images, the total size of all 5 image is only around 5mb.

0 Likes
DangerDave
2 0 0

Has this been solved in the meantime? Is there any solution? I have exactly the same problem, wherever I want to upload an image (JPG, JPEG, PNG). Each all about 1-1,5 MB and Shopify says the images expire 20 MB. Where does that come from? #help

0 Likes
JHKCreate
Shopify Partner
2052 334 448

Hi @DangerDave & @alvarl ,

What Shopify means here is that the image dimension exceed 20MP, not 20MB. Make sure the resolution of your image does not exceed this limit.

Let me know if that fixes it!

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com
0 Likes
charlesharrison
1 0 0

Has this been tackled meanwhile? Is there any arrangement? I have the very same issue, any place I need to transfer a picture (JPG, JPEG, PNG). Every around 1-1,5 MB and Shopify says the pictures terminate 20 MB. Where does that come from?

0 Likes
JHKCreate
Shopify Partner
2052 334 448

Hi @charlesharrison ,

What is your image's dimensions?

DangerDave
2 0 0
Actually it worked by downsizing the resolution of the images. Even although all of the them used to be in the same resolution, some obviously needed to be resized obviously. Some reply was that Shopify mention does not mean 20 MB size but 20 MP resolution... might be correct. Good Luck guys and thanks!
0 Likes
JHKCreate
Shopify Partner
2052 334 448

Indeed this is correct, as a guideline, if you multiply the dimensions (WxH) and get a number bigger then 20,000,000 then you need to resize it.

0 Likes