Cant connect to Facebook page

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

I cant connect to my facebook page. I click the blue button that says "connect account" and it does nothing. Ive deleted the sales channel and re-added it, but I'm still having the same problem.

Can someone help?!

TIA

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
255 32 39

Hey there, @MakerofPretty!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty connecting to your Facebook Business Page through the Facebook Shop app, but I'd be happy to see if we can work together to get this resolved!

To clarify, are you not seeing any error messages or pop-ups at all? Generally speaking, the issues related to Facebook connectivity will have some sort of error populate. If that's not the case, it leads me to believe that this might be a result of the device and/or browser you're currently using. Are you using a desktop or mobile device? What browser are you using?

While most merchants have been able to connect through either their mobile device's Shopify app as well as the desktop, I recommend trying a desktop to start with. If you're using any browser besides Google Chrome, you'll want to try using that instead and re-attempting to connect. You can install the Chrome browser here, if you don't already have it. While most of Shopify can be loaded through other browsers, Google Chrome is always the most up-to-date browser and fully supports all the features that Shopify has to offer. With other browsers, you'll sometimes notice that certain features might not work.

If you've tried Google Chrome as well as a couple of different devices, and are still unable to connect without any error messages - please let me know! We have a number of ways to troubleshoot connectivity issues,  but as I said there is usually some kind of error or response when that happens. I do hope that this is simply fixed through a device and/or browser change, but if the issue persists I can look at sending you an email to access your store and have a look.

Cheers!

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Ryder,

Thank you.

Correct, no pop-up error messages and I was using desktop + Firefox browser. I will try Chrome and see how i go :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I've tried the aforementioned guidance and I get all the way to the dropdown menu to select my page, accept Facebook Terms & Conditions and then a notification pops up to tell me that I'm "Not Logged In" and ask me to "Please log in to continue. Once I hit Log In it jumps back to Facebook Terms & Conditions without allowing me to log in. Please advise, Thanks

0 Likes