2 0 0

why we cant upload image for product, always failed media

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
178 21 16

Hello @Cloboutique!

This is Lana from Shopify. I see you're having some issues uploading your product images so I wanted to help you out.

First, could you talk me through the steps you take in order to upload those images? What is the last step you take before you get this error? It might be occuring for a number of reasons, and the first one we should look at is the image's file type. Accepted file types include:

• PNG (the best file type)
  • JPEG
  • GIF
  • PSD (converted to JPEG' or PNG' after upload)
  • TIFF (converted to JPEG' or PNG' after upload) 
  • BMP (converted to JPEG' or PNG' after upload)

Please do make sure to check that the media you're trying to upload falls under one of the above accepted file types. Here is how you can check your file types:

FOR MAC

1. On your Mac, select a file, then choose File > Get Info, or press Command-I.
  2. Click the arrow next to Name & Extension to expand the section.

FOR WINDOWS 

1. Right-click the file.
  2. Select the Properties option.
  3. In the Properties window, similar to what is shown below, see the Type of file entry, which is the file type and extension

Another reason that it is not uploading may be related to the size of the image. Your product and collection images can be any size up to 4472 x 4472 px, or 20 megapixels. Product and collection images need to have a file size smaller than 20 MB to be added to Shopify. For all this information and more, please see our help doc on Product Media Types.

This issue could also be localised - meaning that it is specific to either the browser or device that you're using, or even your internet connection.  
I recommend you try to clear the cache and cookies on the Google Chrome browser following these steps here and try to upload your images again. If this fails, try to upload from a different device (i.e. if you're on mobile, try to upload from desktop) and see if it allows you to do this.
Finally, try to reset your internet or even use an alternative connection  such as a mobile hotspot to try and upload.

If you have already tried all of the above steps and it is still not working for you, please do reach out to our support here so we can look into this for you. The reason that you need to go through that link is because we are currently unable to look into your account details through the Shopify Community.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I will be happy to help!

Thanks. -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes