Capture Payments

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I have a customer that used PayPal Express before I was able to finish my account setup, now in orders it states that the payment is pending. How can I manually capture the payment when PayPal was used? There's no option on the order that allows me to manually capture the payment

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
442 36 58

Hey, @EmbodiedByKai!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I definitely appreciate the concern with this situation. I too would want to make absolute sure that I'm receiving the payments I'm due. I'm happy to help out with this. The first step I recommend is heading over to PayPal and logging into your account. You'll want to check in there if the payment has been received for this order.

• If the payment is not yet accepted, and you're unable to action this on your own, then contacting PayPal for further assistance will be the best next step.
  • If the payment has been accepted in PayPal, but still appears as pending on Shopify after 48 hours, then you can simply mark the order in Shopify as paid. 

20-09-jopyj-txnsq.png

I hope this helps, and feel free to reply back here if you need any further guidance with this situation! 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes