Capturing additional information from customer

Highlighted
1 0 0

I need to capture additional information from a customer when they purchase.  I am selling baby clothing, so often a customer may purchase in advance and I want them to be able to identify a delivery date.  I also want to know the baby's birthdate for gifts etc.  Is there a way to do this?

I am using Bold for subscriptions now.  

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
211 13 32

Hi, there.

My name is Ren from the Shopify support team - would love to help you out here.

Both of these requests are doable with apps available in the app store. We have a handful of Delivery Date apps that allow your customers to schedule gift deliveries, choose a specific delivery date and time, allows you to set certain restrictions on dates you do not want to have available, etc. These features are great for reducing cart abandonment.

As for collecting additional data, I suggest a Product Options app. These will enable you to add extra fields onto the product page for your customer to select or type in additional details. A more rudimentary option would be to simply make adjustments to your language editor to request any additional information you need in the “order notes” section. You can learn how to access your language editor here.

I'd love to know more about your business. Are you selling handmade clothes? Have you thought about any tactics you might want to use to boost sales during BFCM?

Let me know what you think of those apps!

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes