Capturing customer’s CPF (For Brazilian stores)

HDV
Excursionist
27 0 4

English:

Hi, my store sells in Brazil. According to Brazilian tax regulation in order to issue a tax invoice (Nota Fiscal) you must inform the customer’s CPF number (Brazilian social id). Without this number the shop simply can’t sell regularly.  

Shopify does not include this information in the customer checkout and I didn’t find a way to do it. Has anyone solved this problem?

Portuguese:

Para os conterrâneos brasileiros que vendem no ou para o Brasil. Não encontrei a opção de solicitar o CPF do comprador no checkout. Sem isso não é possível emitir as notas fiscais da compra. Certamente muito mais gente já enfrentou esse problema. Alguém encontrou uma solução?

Obrigado

0 Likes
Bailey1
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
83 0 9

Hey Hermano!

You could add a field into the Cart page which the CPF number could be added to.

I have some instructions on how that is created here.

I hope that helps! :)

- Bailey

0 Likes
HDV
Excursionist
27 0 4

I don't think that would work in practice Bailey. De the CPF is mandatory for tax requirements. The way you suggested it would be an optional information. 

I need it to be a field in check-out with obligatory fulfillment. 

There must be lots of shops operating in Brazil. Haven't this problem been addressed before? I don't understand.

plentz
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
10 0 4

It's now possible to require the CPF field by enabling this config in /admin/settings/checkout

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 1.43.50 PM.png

0 Likes
iuwios
2 0 0

That field is missing.... At least on Shopify Plus

shopify.png

0 Likes
proben
1 0 0

is that features available on non shopify plus stores on turbo theme, i cant see it

0 Likes