Car Parts Website HELP!!!

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello everyone. Im trying to build my site to sell performance car parts. One thing that i am stuck on is getting a search form such as all car sites, (pepboys, autozone, advance auto, napa, etc.) You know the type where allows you to filter the year make and model for a car and then shows everything for that car specifically. 

Does anyone know what its called and how i can bring it into my site on shopify?

thanks. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
210 1 23

Hi John, 

Jamie here from Shopify. There are a few ways you can go about this depending on your needs. Our Supply Theme offers advanced group filtering which might get you where you want to go. Check out our documentation for details on how it works, and how you can set it up. There may be some apps in our app store that can get you closer to what you want which could be added to other themes:

You could also go the custom route through developers like those available at experts.shopify.com

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Hi John,

We have done exactly this. Make, Model, Year selection persits through navigation (catallog) and is displayed on product pages. We are also working on a "My Vehicles" feature, where customers can save their vehicles for return visits.

Feel free to check it out:

http://govedia-development-site.myshopify.com/

password: colyut

If you are interested, the app is available for beta testing.

Let me know if I can address any questions or concerns.

All the best!

Robert

Robert Kanaan, Developer, GoVedia LLC GoVedia.com
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Robert,

I'd be interested in the search app you've been developing please email me any more details of the BETA at leo@takerootcreative.com

Thanks in Advance
Leo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
128 0 17

Hey John,

Let me know if you would like assistance setting this up!

Scott Luscombe
www.makemyownproduct.com
scott@makemyownproduct.com
905-550-5023

Scott Luscombe www.thinksl.com scott@thinksl.com 905-550-5023
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Hi Leo,

Absolutely, I sent you an email from robert[at]govedia.com

Sincerely
Robert

Robert Kanaan, Developer, GoVedia LLC GoVedia.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi John,

I hope you've found an adequate solution by this stage. Otherwise, we've recently launched our dedicated inventory management for auto parts sellers - that will cover what you were looking for.

Among the key features of PartsPal is data fitment - hence customers will be able to search with the filters, and they will be able to check that the part fits the vehicle on the product page.

Inventory Manager - Manage your inventory, orders, fulfillment, and analytics - all in one place

Customer Recovery - Get notified when a customer doesn't find parts that fit their vehicle

If you were still selling on Shopify; do try us out; our support team will happy to guide you through setting up.

PartsPal

https://apps.shopify.com/partspal

0 Likes