Solved

Carrier Calculated shipping rates

comisocoffee
Visitor
1 0 0

I have purchased yearly billing plan but do not see Carrier Calculated Rates enabled. How can i now add my own UPS account as I say in this forum that you can do that once you change your billing to annual?

Accepted Solution (1)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @comisocoffee

As @PluginHive mentioned, once you've upgraded to an annual billing plan, you will need to reach out to our Support team directly to add carrier calculated shipping to your account. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to assist you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic!

Once carrier calculated shipping has been enabled on your account, follow our help document on Connecting your UPS account. After your account is connected, you will need to add calculated shipping rates from UPS to your checkout. Let me know how this goes!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

Edward-Newgate
Shopify Partner
570 22 61

Hi @comisocoffee 

To enable carrier calculated shipping rate on Shopify, you can follow this guide, it will tell you step-by-step to do it.

Hope it helps!

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!

PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

Hi @comisocoffee,

Once you have chosen the yearly subscription, you have to contact Shopify support to enable carrier-calculated shipping on your store. Once it is enabled, you can add your UPS account under Settings -> Shipping & Delivery -> Carrier accounts -> UPS 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
UlaBearPosters
Tourist
5 0 1

This is now incorrect, you now need to be on the £50 Shopify plan and pay an additional fee, or be on the £250 per month plan.

BBINC
Visitor
2 0 0
Well I'm still waiting for the day RETAIL rates are displayed rather than MY rates.  I have no desire to give away my shipping for free.  It is a profit center.

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @comisocoffee

As @PluginHive mentioned, once you've upgraded to an annual billing plan, you will need to reach out to our Support team directly to add carrier calculated shipping to your account. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to assist you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic!

Once carrier calculated shipping has been enabled on your account, follow our help document on Connecting your UPS account. After your account is connected, you will need to add calculated shipping rates from UPS to your checkout. Let me know how this goes!

BBINC
Visitor
2 0 0

The frustration here is that Shopify doesn't allow for sending a request for RETAIL rates to FedEx on my own account. Shopify sends an .xml file to FedEx web services with a "Requested Rate Type=none" which results in FedEx sending back DISCOUNTED rates.   All Shopify would need to do is allow a flag change and ALL would be just fine.

I don't understand why Shopify can't simply allow ME as the business owner to select which rates to display.  Shipping is a profit center.  And since I'm not Shopify+ I'm not able to make this happen.  I could care less what a customer has to pay for shipping.  I have the negotiated rate with FedEx, and don't need to leave that money on the table or give it to my customer.

Is there ANY solution here?

Thanks - John

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

@BBINC 

Sorry to hear about your frustration regarding connecting retail rates from FedEx to Shopify. Just to clarify, when you connect your own Fedex account to Shopify, it does not pull any retail rates, but instead will only pull standard negotiated discounted rates that are connected to your account, is that correct? 

If that is the case, I understand the frustration here, and can see why gaining access to retail rates is important for your business. As for solutions, one option is to not use carrier calculated shipping rates for your checkout and charge your customers flat shipping rates. You would then need to purchase your labels outside of Shopify, to have access to your retail rates with Fedex. That being said, I understand this is likely not an ideal solution. 

A second solution is to use an app such as ShipStation. ShipStation offers FedEx Retail Rates as a feature that can be enabled by their Support Team - click here for their help document on this topic. For this solution, you will still require the carrier calculated shipping feature to be enabled on your Shopify store. There is more about how to have this added to your account here on our Help Center. This feature required to have live rates displayed from any third party shipping apps onto your Shopify store. 

Lastly, I will submit some feedback on your behalf to our developers about this issue. Although we cannot make any guarantees about changes, the more feedback we receive the better. Thanks! 

UlaBearPosters
Tourist
5 0 1

@Hilary wrote:

Hi, @comisocoffee

This is now incorrect, you now need to be on the Shopify plan and pay an additional fee, or be on the £250 per month plan.

Rebeca
Excursionist
33 1 18

That's right ... $20 per month to add it 😞

Willosharp
Tourist
4 0 5

Just to point out, enabling the carrier calculated rates slows down the calculation time at checkout, sometimes up to 2 mins. You may to test this yourself as a buyer after you have enabled it.