Cart Count Auto Update - Venture Theme

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Desired Scenario:

Customer is shopping and adds an item to cart. The cart Icon displays an indicator that something has been added to cart & automagically updates with the amount of items in cart and the $$ amount of items in cart, without having to have a page refresh.

Current Scenario: 

Customer is shopping and adds an item to cart. The cart icon displays an indicator that something has been added to cart BUT the item & $$ amount is still 0.

If you navigate to another page it updates, but not until a page refresh is forced to happen.

2 Likes
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi Jacob,

I have the same issue, and I too would like any kind of assistance with this from any available shopify Guru. As you stated, it does work, but only on page refresh. I think it might have to do with maybe us using the wrong liquid code, or we need some kind of javascript input (looking at the checkout page when customers modify the quantity there, it actively refreshes seamlessly, but once again the top mini cart needs a manual refresh/reload)

0 Likes
6 0 0

Hello, 
How did you manage to figure this out?

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 2

I gave up on Venture and switched to the Supply Theme. In my opinion it has way better cart features.

0 Likes
6 0 0

Yeah, i see theme is looking nice and clean! :)

today i will try to fix it and post tutorial on forum.

0 Likes