Why am I experiencing a 400 error on my cart page?

rankingdak
5 0 0

Hi all, I have recently got a lot message from my customer regarding they got an error message when trying to check out at the cart page. The message is something like "there was an error while updating cart, please try again later",

My customers also have similar problem when they are trying to press the "check out" button in my shopping cart, and it will pop up "do you want download "checkout" ? 

This error happens from time to time, without any reason,  sometimes appear on mobile version and sometimes on desktop versions, and sometimes on both. This is very frustrating, and I have tried all the way I could.  My URL is rankingdak-hong-kong.myshopify.com. 

I am using the APP Ultimate Special Offers by Pixel Union and Store Pickup + Delivery by Zapiet 

Would be great if anyone could help on this asap. Big thanks in advance.

Replies 8 (8)

Jason
Shopify Expert
11190 225 2283

Are you able to share your store url so others can try and replicate? It's possible the error isn't coming from Shopify at all and any app that is doing some cart level things. Those apps you mentioned would certainly fall into that category.

★ I jump on these forums in my free time to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work. http://freakdesign.com.au ★
rankingdak
5 0 0

Hi Jason 

Thanks for your reply, my website url is  rankingdak-hong-kong.myshopify.com or rankingdak.com.hk

thanks

rankingdak
5 0 0

Hi Jason 

Thanks for your reply, my website url is  rankingdak-hong-kong.myshopify.com or rankingdak.com.hk

thanks

Don
Shopify Staff
2765 199 388

Hi there @rankingdak!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for all that info and the link to your store, that's really helpful!

I was attempting to test this from my location, and though I was able to add a product from the cart and click to proceed to the checkout there, I was required to log in as a customer in order to proceed.

I created a test account there but I was not able to proceed to the checkout as a customer.

Could you let us know the name of the theme you are currently using so we can check on how you can get support for that theme?

One thing you can try in situations like this would be to download an unedited copy of a free theme from our theme store to see if the issue is also evident there.

If the issue is not repeated on this fresh copy, we know that the root cause lays in the first theme you were using here.

If you can confirm the name of that theme as it was originally downloaded, we can determine how and where you can get support for this.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

rankingdak
5 0 0

Hi don

thanks for your reply and the theme I am using is called vantage. thanks again 

Don
Shopify Staff
2765 199 388

Hi again @rankingdak!

Don from Shopify once again.

The Vantage theme is created and supported by its developers We Are Underground.

They would be responsible for providing support for their theme and may be able to help determine the root cause of this issue.

It could also be the case that one of the apps you have mentioned has added code to your cart or elsewhere in your theme that is affecting this.

You can reach out to the developers of those apps for support by clicking on 'Get support' next to the name of that app in the Apps menu in your admin or you can use the contact details listed on the app store pages here and here

The theme developers might be able to help you to determine where this issue is coming from, and if they indicate that app code is underlying this behaviour you can then reach out to the app developers if required.

Have you been set up and selling for a while here already?

Regards,

Don

rankingdak
5 0 0

Hi dan

actually i have reached out all the app developer and the theme developer, they still can’t determine the problem.......

Don
Shopify Staff
2765 199 388

Hi again @rankingdak!

Don from Shopify once more.

Thanks for letting me know that you had already reached out to the relevant parties for support.

As this is a third-party theme and those are third-party apps, we wouldn't be able to provide support for them from here in Shopify.

If you have already been in touch with the developers responsible for providing support here and they were not able to help out, you may need to think about hiring a Shopify Expert to provide support here.

You can check out some Troubleshooting Expert Developers here on our marketplace.

Hopefully, a fellow member of the Community here might have some expertise to draw upon in this regard to help out from here.

Best of luck with this and let us know if there's anything on the Shopify side of things we can help out with.

Regards,

Don