Chairity links

Highlighted
3 0 0

I want to donate a percentage of any item sold from my website to a registered animal charity, but can't figure out how to do this.  Can anyone give me any guidance please. Thank you.

I've had a look at the apps on Shopify but they aren't what I want.  Any advice would be great.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
578 77 106

Hi, @Sprouttops123,

Hank here from Shopify.

That is awesome to hear you are looking to donate a percentage of your sales to an animal charity! 

You are right in saying that the only way this is done without external coding or something custom, is through the use of a third-party app from the app store.

There is, however, another way this may be done. Now hopefully, someone with more technical skills in the community will come across this and be able to add some value to you here, but if not, your best bet might be to reach out to one of our Shopify Experts, who you can hire to do almost any custom work on your store.

If you were to reach out to them about this query, they would be able to assist you with this query.

Let me know if you have any other questions for me!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you, Hank, for replying to my message.

However, given that I'm paying a monthly subscription to Shopify, I don't see why I should not be able to get the information/tools I need without paying expensive fees to another party.

I'm sorry if my comment seems harsh but I'm being honest about what I expect from a company, given they're making enough money from me.  I'll have a think about whether I want to continue with Shopify as there is more competition out there.

Kind regards

Anne

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
578 77 106

Absolutely no need to apologize, Anne, that is a fair statement.

As this would be what is deemed an additional feature, that is why it would not be covered in the monthly price for your Shopify plan. 

I truly encourage you to ensure you are happy with what is covered within the realms of Shopify, and hopefully, it is deemed a good fit for your business.

Thank you again for the feedback, and let me know if you have any further questions.

Stay safe, and have a great day!

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes