Can I switch my Shopify store currency from IDR to USD?

AdityaRangga
Tourist
7 0 1
Hello Admin, I need to change my currency becuase i wanna start selling in united states, i live in indonesia so its "IDR", and i think nobody to buy the product from united states with "IDR"  currency, thats why i want to change my currency to "USD" so my target customer from united states will purchase my product. Hope you understand.

Thank you for yout time.
Aditya
Replies 5 (5)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @AdityaRangga 

Thanks for getting in touch!

It's a great idea to change the currency of the store especially if you are planning on targeting a specific country. You should be able to make a change to the store's default currency by navigating to Settings > General, and from there you can change the currency on the store. You can see where this setting is by checking the screenshot below, taken from my test store:

21-31-11821-62579

If you notice that this setting is locked, we will need you to reach out to a Shopify Advisor to assist you with making the change. The best method to reach out to an Advisor is by logging into our Contact Us page. When you speak to a Support Advisor, let them know that you want to change the currency from IDR to USD. They will be able to provide you with additional support for switching your store's currency.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

AdityaRangga
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello Ollie, Thanks for the responses, yeah that screen shoot, i cannot click that option. Its locked Please help me from there. Please.

37D2487B-E654-43A0-B318-1F17A6241B3B.jpeg

Thank you,

Aditya.

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @AdityaRangga

The reason it is locked is because if you change the store's currency, then your reports can be affected. If you have launched your store and have made sales the setting to change the default currency is locked. In order to change this, you need to contact Shopify Support.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

AdityaRangga
Tourist
7 0 1

But i still cannot change the currency, thats still locked. please help me from here, i wann start selling in USA with USD currency. Please help me from here its still locked. please unlock the currency option so i can change the currency to USD please.

Thanks for your time.

Aditya Rangga

Subhranil
Shopify Partner
41 8 54

Hello @AdityaRangga 
I think you already placed an order. So, the setting is locked. You can't change it from your store admin.
You need to contact Shopify support to change your currency. Click the 'Shopify Support' link under the currency change dropdown.
If helpful then please Like and Accept as a Solution.

FYI, you can install the following Instafeed app Instagram slider app for your website.  The Covet pics is a fast, optimised, SEO & Sales friendly instafeed app.
Click to check the app on the Shopify apps store.