Solved

Why can't I switch my Shopify currency to USD?

AdityaRangga
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello! I'm currently setting up my shopify account and noticed my currency is Mongolian Tugrik but I need it to be in USD currency. I have tried to change it but it won't allow me to do so because it says, " You've made your first sale, so you need to  contact support  if you want to change your currency". But I have not had a sale yet. idk how to change it? Please help me.

Thanks,

- Aditya R... 

Accepted Solution (1)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @AdityaRangga! Thanks for reaching out about this. That certainly sounds strange that you are required to contact support to change your store currency even though you haven’t made a sale yet. Did you happen to place a test order using a real transaction? This would technically be considered a sale, and would explain why your currency is locked in.

Nevertheless, we’re more than happy to help you out with changing it. We’ll need to access your account in order to do so. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’ll gladly continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request. Since this is the next step, I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. 

How is the rest of your store setup coming along? 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @AdityaRangga! Thanks for reaching out about this. That certainly sounds strange that you are required to contact support to change your store currency even though you haven’t made a sale yet. Did you happen to place a test order using a real transaction? This would technically be considered a sale, and would explain why your currency is locked in.

Nevertheless, we’re more than happy to help you out with changing it. We’ll need to access your account in order to do so. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’ll gladly continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request. Since this is the next step, I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. 

How is the rest of your store setup coming along? 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

AdityaRangga
Tourist
7 0 1
  • Hello Admin, I need to change my currency becuase i wanna start selling in united states, i live in indonesia so its "IDR", and i think nobody to buy the product from united states with "IDR"  currency, thats why i want to change my currency to "USD" so my target customer from united states will purchase my product. Hope you understand.

Thank you for yout time.
    Aditya