Solved

Can I modify the currency setting on Shopify after initial setup?

AdityaRangga
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello! I'm currently setting up my shopify account and noticed my currency is Mongolian Tugrik but I need it to be in US currency. I have tried to change it but it won't allow me to do so because it says, "You've made your first sale, so you need to contact support if you want to change your currency". But I have not had a sale yet. idk how to change it?

- Aditya R

Accepted Solution (1)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @AdityaRangga

As @Nick_Marketing mentioned, if you have made any sales on your store, including a test sale, the currency setting will be locked. If you are receiving this error, in order to change your currency, you'll need to contact our Support team directly. While we're not able to provide account-specific support on the Shopify Community at this time, we'd be happy to help you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our support team here and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 462

I would send an email directly to Shopify's Merchant/Technical support. They should assist you with the issue!
Contact page link: https://www.shopify.com/contact

If anything, they should be able to change the currency on their end!

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @AdityaRangga

As @Nick_Marketing mentioned, if you have made any sales on your store, including a test sale, the currency setting will be locked. If you are receiving this error, in order to change your currency, you'll need to contact our Support team directly. While we're not able to provide account-specific support on the Shopify Community at this time, we'd be happy to help you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our support team here and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.