Change Facebook Store Page

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello,
to test installed the new facebook channel on a page off test, tested, choose the products and seen how it works.
Now I want to install on the page, and I can not change, before it appeared on the screen to select the page no longer appears directly and opens the test page.
I've done the following and to no avail.

- Disconnected the account on Shopify
- Delete the channel
- Went on applications on facebook and delete permissions.

I added it all over again and it comes already directly on the page that I do not.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
370 0 32

Hello Daniela, Ben here - your Shopify Guru! 

After disconnecting the page from the sales channel you should be able to reconnect using a different Facebook page. 

Can you please make sure you still do not have the Facebook Store App installed in your account. If you do this could be causing an issue you will need to delete the Facebook store form the app.

Then remove the app from your store:

If you have completed all of these steps and are still unable to attach a new account please email support@shopify.com. Include the page you connected to previously and what page you are trying to connect to? (This is Important!) We may need to manually disconnect your shop from Facebook.

I hope this helps! Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions :)

Cheers,
Ben C - Shopify Guru
Support@Shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
23 0 2

My Facebook store has not updated for several days.  Could this be the reason?

https://boingboing.net/2015/11/06/facebook-is-censoring-links-to.html

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
370 0 32

Hey Cherri, 

I took a look into your account it is seems you still have the Facebook Store App installed in your store. This could be causing the conflict. You will want to remove that from the apps section of your store like I described above. 

After doing that you can use the "Re-sync collections" feature from your Facebook Shop sales channel. Click on Facebook from your left admin menu. Then select Shop. Below the lsit of your collections you will see this:

That will manually repush your collections and products to your Facebook Shop.

I hope this helps! Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions :)

Cheers,
Ben C - Shopify Guru
Support@Shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 6

Ben, Despite some initial bugs that have since ironed themselves out, my Facebook store has published correctly, with one exception. Collections are not being recognised (see photo below). Products are appearing fine. The old Facebook app was installed and I have now unistalled it but there is no change. As you can see from the image, there is no refresh option. Not sure if there is a lag time between Facebook syncs with Shopify? Maybe it will correct itself now that old app has been deleted?

And in the fine tradition of fixing one's own problems, I have :-)

For anyone else having the same problem ..... all I did was enable a collection to Facebook that wasn't previosuly enabled and that was enough to give it a boot up the bum and reset. All collections that were already earmarked for Facebook appeared in the FB Shopify admin as if by magic :-)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
370 0 32

Hey Paul, 

It can take about 17 minutes for all the data to sync with Facebook. If a collection is not showing the best thing to do is change the visibilty for that collection to hidden save it. Then make check the box to make it visibile again. This small act can solve lots of little issue with colletions in general.

Glad to hear you figured it out! Posting this for anyone else also having issue with collections.

Cheers,
Ben Czegeny - Shopify Guru
Support@Shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
23 0 2

Thank you Ben :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 3

Hi... I finally deleted the FaceBook store integration.  I could never fully control the products and images that showed up and thought it looked so unprofessional that it was doing more harm than good. I have found that adding a SHOP NOW  call to action button on my facebook cover has well outperformed the facebook shopify store app.  https://www.facebook.com/business/help/312169205649942  

Of course, your mileage may vary =)

Shannon Doty

cordbands.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hello

Just starting here

I followed the step: make sure you still do not have the Facebook Store App installed

And I cant re-connect my around any more

Any help please

0 Likes