Change Incorrect Password Message on Site Password Page

MikeCronin
Tourist
18 0 3

Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 4.39.55 PM.png

Pretty self-explanatory; using Debutify right now. I want tho change the contents of the "PASSWORD INCORRECT, PLEASE TRY AGAIN" message. There is no string within the password.liquid file to alter/edit this text (like there once was when I was previously using the original Debut theme, and I made this work fine.)

Site is http://designedbysoon.com.

This is what I am faced with while trying to edit password.liquid's contents:

<div class="grid__item large--one-third push--large--one-third text-center">

{% form 'storefront_password' %}
{{ form.errors | default_errors }}

(something to change the "Incorrect Password" message should be right here but as you can see it is not)
<label for="password" class="hidden-label">{{ 'general.password_page.login_form_password_label' | t }}</label>
<div class="input-group">
<input type="password" name="password" id="password" class="input-group-field" placeholder="{{ 'general.password_page.login_form_password_placeholder' | t }}" autofocus>
<span class="input-group-btn">
<button type="submit" class="btn btn--primary password-page__login-form__submit">
<span class="fas fa-sign-in-alt" aria-hidden="true"></span>
<span class="sumbit-text">{{ 'general.password_page.login_form_submit' | t }}</span>
</button>
</span>
</div>
{% endform %}
<hr class="hr"> 

Tried using Inspect Element in Chrome to reverse engineer but no dice. The strings are different when I inspect my site which I found odd:

<div class="grid__item large--one-third push--large--one-third text-center">
<form method="post" action="/password" id="login_form" accept-charset="UTF-8" class="storefront-password-form"><input type="hidden" name="form_type" value="storefront_password"><input type="hidden" name="utf8" value="✓">
<div class="errors"><ul><li>Password incorrect, please try again.</li></ul></div> (<-- I need something like this)
<label for="password" class="hidden-label"></label>
<div class="input-group">
<input type="password" name="password" id="password" class="input-group-field" placeholder="" autofocus="">
<span class="input-group-btn">
<button type="submit" class="btn btn--primary password-page__login-form__submit">
<span class="fas fa-sign-in-alt" aria-hidden="true"></span>
<span class="sumbit-text"></span>
</button>
</span>
</div>
</form>
<hr class="hr">

Any help sincerely appreciated.

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
693 69 91

Hey, @MikeCronin!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Thank you for posting your question in the Shopify Community! 

I'm not a code expert myself, but it sounds to me that you've taken a thorough look through the password.liquid file of your Debutify theme. Since the wording you're looking to adjust doesn't seem to live in the code, that tells me we can likely make your desired change from the Theme Language Editor. Once inside the Language Editor, type into the search bar "Password incorrect, please try again". Doing this should bring you to the correct field in the Language Editor where you can change this wording. 

While I don't have the Debutify theme on my store, I tested the above method out myself on a couple free Shopify themes. Here are some screenshots to show the process: 

1. Default incorrect password notice: default password page.png

2. Access Language Editor: language.png

3. Search for the current wording and adjust the respective field: newwords.png

4. Save the Language Editor after adjusting the wording: savewords.png
  5.  New incorrect password notice: newpasswordpage.png

I hope this helps, and please let me know by replying here if the above method works for you! 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes