Change Language of Email Templates

Soeis
1 0 0

Hi there,

The language of our theme is set to german but for some reason it did not change the email templates for the ordering proccess. Is there an option to automatically change all the templates to german? We are using the debut theme.

Also, the back end of shopify is still in English. Where can I change that?

Thank you so much for a quick response.

Lena

0 Likes
Savannah_F
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
531 0 99

Hey, Lena!

Savannah here from the Shopify Guru Team. :) 

Great question. Email templates are not directly associated with your theme's coding, so they'll need to be translated separately. There currently isn't an automated way to translate your templates, but you can manually edit each one by navigating to Settings>Notifications and selecting each template to translate. At the moment, our admin is only available in English as well, but we realize that multi-language admins would be beneficial to a lot of our merchants so it's definitely something that's on the radar of our developers.

Please let me know if there's anything further that I can clarify or lend a hand with!

Savannah | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Fabien_F
1 0 1

Hi Savannah,

I want to know when your admin multi-language will be availaible ?
Because i can't translate some mail notifications like " contact customer " with the custom message only in english version.

Thank you so much for a quick response.

Fabien

Savannah_F
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
531 0 99

Hey, Fabien! It's defintely something that's on the radar of our developers but unfortunately we don't have an ETA quite yet. Please let me know if there's anything else I can lend a hand with!

Savannah | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Lazzarone
1 0 0

Hi Savannah, I've the english language set on the store but my email template is in italian (I'm italian), I've modified the text in the title and in the corp of the email but after I save changes remain only in the corp, not in the title, where it automatically change to italian. How can I set english template also in the title? Thanks!

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3805 364 752
ththang
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Lazzarone,

For example, you have 2 languages Italian is the main language and English is your translated language.

You can copy this code below into your email subject.

{% case attributes.lang %}
{% when 'en' %}
Order {{name}} confirmed
{% else %}
Ordine {{name}} confermato
{% endcase %}

Try it to see if it answer your question. I hope my google translation to Italian is correct.

nuova-idea
Tourist
21 0 3

Hello,

I am still facing this issue: Theme in Russian but email templates are in English only.

Any update on the matter since its 2020 almost 2021?

Ouuzi
Tourist
9 0 2

Also this so outdated. The help center says that is an automatic process. Is this really true or is it false information?

In every request I do, I have never gotten a straight answer and the recommendation was to get an expert to solve the issue. Let us know please if the info is correct and if we need to translate then we have to do it ourselves.

TIA

Selina_Clarissa
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi Savannah,

same question here: We are German but we wanna offer our store in English and German language - but currently notifications are just available in English. Is there a roadmap or a date when this important feature will be launched? Because I think this is essentially and the first post here is nearly 4 years ago? Thy for your reply!