Solved

What is the response time for legal name changes on Shopify?

flowcharge
Visitor
1 0 0

I had previously contacted Shopify support because I needed to change my legal name, I have sent an email yet its been a couple days and still no reply. How long does it usually take for them to reply back? Or is there another way I can contact them?

Accepted Solution (1)

Edward-Newgate
Shopify Partner
570 22 61

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @flowcharge 

I think you should contact them again to solve your issue quickly. You can do either of the following to get support from Shopify:

• Live chat support
  • Email support
  • Phone Support
  • Twitter

For details, you can get here: How To Get Shopify Support?

Hope it helps!

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Edward-Newgate
Shopify Partner
570 22 61

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @flowcharge 

I think you should contact them again to solve your issue quickly. You can do either of the following to get support from Shopify:

• Live chat support
  • Email support
  • Phone Support
  • Twitter

For details, you can get here: How To Get Shopify Support?

Hope it helps!

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hi, @flowcharge. Thanks for your patience!

Where is it that you are needing to change your legal name? Is it on your business information for your Shopify Payments account? If so, this type of change requires authentication and an escalation to complete, so you’ve taken the correct steps to facilitate it by sending an email in to support. Did you receive an automatic response back with a ticket number? 

It can sometimes take a few days to receive a response, since there are a high number of support requests currently in the queue. But don’t worry! You will receive a reply, and a Support Advisor will help you get your name changed as soon as they can.

For future reference, if you prefer a more immediate interaction, it’s also possible to make a support request through the Shopify Help Center via live chat or phone callback. Please note, creating a second support request now for your inquiry through chat or phones will not reach a resolution any quicker. But if you decide to reach out for a follow up on your email, please provide your previous ticket number, so that we can ensure multiple agents aren’t working on the same escalation, as this can be a contributing factor to delays in turnaround times.

If I can help with anything else, please let me know. All the best!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

axiosapparel
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey Helen,

I am also trying change thus Legal name and this was escalated 2 weeks ago, and i was ignored. I recently opened a new ticket which was escalated 4 to 5 days ago and yet again have not received any email. i have checked spam email... and i have continued to ask the team what is happening but i continue to be ignored in an endless circle of back and forth with shopify support. 

This is stopping me from receiving payouts meaning i don't have the money to fulfill orders.

What do i do? the support i have received has been extremely poor to say the least and I am sick of waiting for a solution to such a simple problem that is stopping me from operating, all because i need to change the Legal name to my Father's since i am under 18.

MathewM
Visitor
2 0 0

Same here. I've already talked with three people who haven't followed up, and I spent all my money on this, so I would like to actually use my store sense I paid for it.

Susubgas
Visitor
1 0 0

Shopify synced the wrong legal business name into my store and I was not able to change it on my end under the Settings - Store detail, have reached out to Shopify support for over 3 weeks, and it has been a nightmare, so far has not been able to get the Payment team to remove the legal business name.  Shopify used to have good customer service, right now is bad, probably is time to switch.